shape
carat
color
clarity

Round or radiant???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Julie

Rough_Rock
Hello, we are presently shopping for engagement rings. I want a radiant cut 1.0 carats or more (no bigger than 1.5):halo: . I would like for it to be VVSII and up, colour G and up, but I have no idea of the perfect cut for these diamonds. Also I wanted to know if the round cut is a beter buy? Please help!

Another question are Canadian Diamonds better?

Thank you in advance for your time!:))

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi Julie,

Radiant cuts are one of the more common rectangular or
square cuts. Finding a good one would result in a stone
with good scintillation. The radiants are probably the lesser expensive of the fancy rectangular or square catigory.

Round brilliants, are a completely different story,
because these diamonds can be now idealized, maxing out
on scintillation, white light and dispersion.

A canadian diamond only signifies its origins.
Not the caliber of its cut!

IMO:The U.S. market still cuts arguably the best diamonds in the world!

Buy Informed!

Kirk

Julie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply, I wanted to be a informed buyer so I neeed to get all of the important information before I discuss a ring with a jeweler. How can I have a crash course on diamonds:read:

My favorite cut is the radiant but I am very unsure because people are telling me that round is the only way I can get an "ideal diamond"! I like a diamond which has fire and caracter, something that you go wow when you look at it!
If you can give me advice it woould be greatly appreciated:bigsmile:

justme

Shiny_Rock
Julie,

Have you read the tutorial from pricescope? See menu if not.

Also try www.goodoldgold.com website another good education source.

Marci

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
My favorite cut is the radiant but I am very unsure because people are telling me that round is the only way I can get an "ideal diamond"! I like a diamond which has fire and caracter, something that you go wow when you look at it!
----------------

Julie, if you want a square cut, don't let anyone try to tell you that your preference is "wrong." Few things irritate me more than seeing diamond vendors trying to tell consumers that they're misinformed for preferring a particular type of diamond (which is usually a type that they don't sell).

The best thing to do is shop around and look at as many different diamonds as you can. There are ideal cut squares like the regent and dream cuts, and some purported "ideal" rounds that are duds. You are by no means restricted to round diamonds if you want one that goes "wow." Take your time and use your eyes, which, despite all the advances in cut science, are still your most important tool. :sun:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results