shape
carat
color
clarity

Round H&A Opinion (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loki

Rough_Rock
I am relatively new here as I''ve been trying to research as much as possible before I would post. I would appreciate your opinion on this round brilliant.

Depth: 62.2% (Slightly deeper than the ideal range)
Table: 56.0%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick
Crown Angle: 34.7°
Crown %: 15.30
Pavilion Angle: 40.8°
Pavilion %: 43.00
Measurement: 5.71*5.77*3.57

This is also the calculated information from the HCA...
Light Return: Excellent
Fire: Excellent
Scintillation: Excellent
Spread or diameter for weight: Very Good
Total Visual Performance: 1.4 - Excellent within TIC range

jamesallenGSI1.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Should be a very pretty stone, and the depth is acceptable.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/8/2009 8:13:08 AM
Author: Ellen
Should be a very pretty stone, and the depth is acceptable.
Ditto, looks good!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thritto.

loki

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all your fast replies! I think I might purchase this stone today. It is an SI1 so I will be asking if it is eyeclean. Is there anything else I should ask?

Also, I plan on getting the setting done through the same company (JA). Do customers usually see the loose stone first (to get it appraised, etc.) or do they just have it set without being seen?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 8:27:09 AM
Author: loki
Thank you for all your fast replies! I think I might purchase this stone today. It is an SI1 so I will be asking if it is eyeclean. Is there anything else I should ask?

Also, I plan on getting the setting done through the same company (JA). Do customers usually see the loose stone first (to get it appraised, etc.) or do they just have it set without being seen?
Unless there is a somewhat pressing reason for having it evaluated first, like very strong flo, or an inclusion(s) that could jeapordize the integrity of the diamond, most just have it set and then appraised afterwards. However, there are a few that just want the peace of mind in knowing it is ok first, and that's fine too, up to you.
28.gif

Other than eyecleanliness, I think you're good to go.

And you're welcome!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/8/2009 8:35:10 AM

Unless there is a somewhat pressing reason for having it evaluated first, like very strong flo, or an inclusion(s) that could jeapordize the integrity of the diamond, most just have it set and then appraised afterwards. However, there are a few that just want the peace of mind in knowing it is ok first, and that''s fine too, up to you.
28.gif

And you''re welcome!
Ditto again!

loki

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 8:35:55 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 9/8/2009 8:35:10 AM

Unless there is a somewhat pressing reason for having it evaluated first, like very strong flo, or an inclusion(s) that could jeapordize the integrity of the diamond, most just have it set and then appraised afterwards. However, there are a few that just want the peace of mind in knowing it is ok first, and that''s fine too, up to you.
28.gif

And you''re welcome!

Ditto again!

Sounds good. I will probably just have it set, then appraised.

Does the difference of 0.06mm in diameter matter much? I just noticed that diamonds on Whiteflash have a smaller difference at about 0.02mm (i.e., 5.78x5.80)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 9:03:04 AM

Sounds good. I will probably just have it set, then appraised.

Does the difference of 0.06mm in diameter matter much? I just noticed that diamonds on Whiteflash have a smaller difference at about 0.02mm (i.e., 5.78x5.80)
No.
2.gif

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
I think you should be more than ecstatic about that diamond! I looks good to me :D

loki

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I placed the diamond on hold and am definitely ecstatic about it. I will be finalizing the purchase later on today once they make sure it is eyeclean and when I decide on the setting. Now that it is off of their website, I can give more stats about it: 0.72 G SI1 - $2190 (includes the PS discount). The images/specs looked really good at that price, especially for a student...I couldn't pass it up.

*Edited to add link: JA 0.72 G SI1

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
loki, assuming it comes back eyeclean, I think you will be quite pleased.
28.gif

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
I am a student as well; i think the specs look real good along with the price! Congrats and make sure you post some pictures when you get it.

Good luck

-Ted

loki

Rough_Rock
This is the setting I am planning to get:
1.9mm 0.3ctw Common Prong

I just hope the prongs don't stick out too much on the sides. My girlfriend's ring size is either 5.25, 5.5, or 5.75. I have one of her rings and I can't decide which one it is. Ehh..I think we're going to go to a jeweler to get her sized. I don't want to have to resize.

*Edit: Just got word that it is an eyeclean stone! Woohoo

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 3:05:25 PM
This is the setting I am planning to get:
1.9mm 0.3ctw Common Prong

I just hope the prongs don't stick out too much on the sides. My girlfriend's ring size is either 5.25, 5.5, or 5.75. I have one of her rings and I can't decide which one it is. Ehh..I think we're going to go to a jeweler to get her sized. I don't want to have to resize.

*Edit: Just got word that it is an eyeclean stone! Woohoo
Yay!!!

I see what you mean about the prongs, but I also know how much these pics magnify tiny things. Maybe ask them how many mm's deep they are. (from edge closet to diamond to outer edge) Pretty!

And I think it's best to get her sized.
19.gif

loki

Rough_Rock
Edited: Moved into a new message.

feathersi1.jpg

loki

Rough_Rock

loki006.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results