shape
carat
color
clarity

Round H&A Diamond on Vatche X-Prong for Princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cirog

Rough_Rock

Hi,

Just wondering if any of you knows if it is safe to mount a round H&A 1.0 Carat diamond in a Vatche X-Prong setting designed for square stones (model 879) I like the square basket of this setting design. I don''t like the rounded base of the X-Prong 802 style.

Thanks,

Ciro.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I am no expert; however, I don''t think that you should ever put a stone in a design for which it was not meant, that is why they have two models. One for squares, on for rounds.....

If you really like the look of the other, see if you can''t get a custom job that can incorporate the aspects of the X-prong that you like to accomodate a round stone....

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
I am no expert either, but this is what happened to one person when he had jubilees (cut cornered squares) into a vatche setting for princesses, which have corners. The ring is a 5-stone, not the X-prong, but has similar shapes so you could imagine similar prong issues.

cirog

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your comments... so, you think a jubilee or regent (or any semi-square or semi-rounded diamond) should be set in a rounded vatche x-prong setting (801, 802) instead of the square basket setting (878,879)? I''m about to buy my engagement ring and need to make a decision of what to buy...

Ciro.

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
I would set a round in the X-prong for rounds, and ask Vatche or a trusted jeweler about cut-cornered squares. Theoretically I would set a cut-cornered square in the X-prong for princess, but Dadof4''s experience is enough to make you think twice. I would think a solitaire X-prong with a 1 carat stone would be much easier than his 5 stone with the smaller side stones though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results