shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Diamonds

Aurora43

Rough_Rock
I have seen more round solitaires for engagement rings than any other type of ring. It just seems like more round diamonds are made and used for bridal jewelry than any other shape. Would you say that round diamonds are the most popular shape used for bridal jewelry in the United States? Is it the same in other countries too?

Luxxy

Rough_Rock
I don't know if that is really the case in real life, but I know I have read countless articles that state that round diamonds are among the most popular shapes, if not the most popular shape, when it comes to engagement rings. I don't know if people choose these shapes consciously or maybe we are just drawn to simple shapes and symmetry as humans. What I do know, though, is that a round diamond is cut to achieve maximum brilliance, sparkle and fire. I know a lot of people want 'unique' rings, but sometimes it's best to go with something that is time-tested and proven to be a winner and I would definitely go for a round cut myself.

SpencerDane

Rough_Rock
Round diamonds are one of my favorite shapes for bridal jewelry, but I am also drawn to princess cuts. For the longest time it seemed that everyone I knew who had an engagement ring was wearing a marquise cut solitaire. But now, it seems that round diamonds have become more popular again.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SpencerDane|1480181693|4102765 said:
Round diamonds are one of my favorite shapes for bridal jewelry, but I am also drawn to princess cuts. For the longest time it seemed that everyone I knew who had an engagement ring was wearing a marquise cut solitaire. But now, it seems that round diamonds have become more popular again.
MQ was popular in the late 70's. A round solitaire will never go out of style.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results