shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Diamond Recommendations

newtothis100

Rough_Rock
Hi PriceScope community!

I’ll be proposing to my girlfriend in a couple of months and would appreciate some help finding the perfect center stone for her.

I know she wants a lab-grown round cut around 2.3-2.5 ct in size. I’d like to prioritize finding the highest cut quality first with pristine hearts and arrows.

Meanwhile, I’d like to keep color and clarity reasonably high (let’s say H/VVS2 at minimum). If you have any thoughts on where to look, or even specific stone recommendations, I’d appreciate it!

Budget is fairly open.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Check out Whiteflash, they have precision cut lab diamonds at very reasonable prices and many are in stock, which means you can work with someone there to help you pick the best fit. It also means that the proportions fall into the ideal cut parameters and thusly remove a lot of the vetting you’d have to do elsewhere. Distinctive Gem also has some well cut (and custom cut) options at reasonable prices, and Jon will help you vet them.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! I'll look at options for you soon, but likely VVS is overkill for clarity (if your standards are wanting an eye clean stone). So I'd expand to VS2 and above

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ps. What's your budget?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Definitely relax the clarity to VS1, maybe even VS2...LGD can have a bit more forgiving inclusions than EGD. This will likely allow you to get into D-F color grades for the same price (possibly even a little less) than F-H VVS.

newtothis100

Rough_Rock
thank you all -- I'll check out Whiteflash.

lovedogs: understood! I'm open to expanding to VS2+ -- my upper limit is $10k, but there's flexibility for the right stone.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Other options:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
$10k for 2.3+ carat - you need to have a talk with JannPaul about their Decagon!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
If you want to stick to traditional round, I found some beautiful GIA graded D color VS1 and better options over at Frank Darling (also available at LooseGrownDiamond for a little less). Frank Darling may be able to bring in 2-5 diamonds on memo and provide you with ASET images and comparison videos.

Here are a couple of great examples:

2.46 D VVS1 HPHT for about $6800

2.61 D VS1 HPHT for about $4800

newtothis100

Rough_Rock
sorry for the late reply, I was traveling - thank you all for the responses!

Other options:

@lovedogs - not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't click on any of those - can you send me a new link?

@DejaWiz - have you purchased diamonds from Frank Darling before?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
sorry for the late reply, I was traveling - thank you all for the responses!

@lovedogs - not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't click on any of those - can you send me a new link?

@DejaWiz - have you purchased diamonds from Frank Darling before?

I have not, but I have helped quite a few that I've directed towards FD and their CS is pretty top-notch: bringing in multiple diamonds and providing both individual and group comparison videos as well as ASET scope images.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results