shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Diamond Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lianne

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I''ve been reading here for a few days and have never posted, so please forgive any terminology errors!
emsmile.gif
I''m looking into buying round brilliant diamond stud earrings and I know almost nothing about diamonds. I''ve been in stores and feel like they just want to sell me more than I want, so I''ve decided to purchase online so I can pick out the exact specifications that I want without pressure from a sales person. I found these diamonds at Blue Nile. From reading here, it seems that this website is fairly reputable, yes? Would you mind letting me know what you think of these diamonds below? From reading other posts, I believe I also need to call to find out if they are eye clean. I''m not in a rush, so if there are any specs that I should look into changing, please let me know! Thanks again for any advice/opinions!

The total price for the pair is $3,500.

Diamond 1:
Carat: 0.64
Color: G
Cut: Ideal (But the GIA cert says Excellent)
Clarity: SI1
Polish: VG
Symmetry: EX
Girdle: Med Faceted (is faceted normal/okay?)
Culet: None
Table: 56%
Depth: 62.3%
Crown Angle: 35.5
Pav Angle: 40.8

Diamond 2:
Carat: 0.63
Color: G
Cut: Ideal (but the GIA cert says Excellent, again)
Clarity: SI1
Polish: EX
Symmetry: EX
Girdle: thin-medium
Culet: None
Table: 56%
Depth: 61.4%
Crown Angle: 35.0
Pav Angle: 41.0

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try the AGS light-performance graded stones.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
I am also in the process of buying diamond stud earrings. yes, Blue Nile is reputable. Have you also searched Whiteflash? I have found their prices very good and they also have an excellent trade-in /up policy.

Lianne

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/22/2007 2:25:36 AM
Author: yellowsparkles
I am also in the process of buying diamond stud earrings. yes, Blue Nile is reputable. Have you also searched Whiteflash? I have found their prices very good and they also have an excellent trade-in /up policy.
Yellowsparkles - With Whiteflash, how are you looking at buying earrings: through the "diamond jewelry" section, or "loose dimonds" section? I find when I look through their diamond jewelry section, the color isn''t quite what I want (the color they offer is I for 1.50 ctw - I''m looking for F or G). When I look through the loose diamond section, I''m afraid I''ll pick 2 diamonds that aren''t compatible for earrings...

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2007 5:11:04 PM
Author: Lianne

Yellowsparkles - With Whiteflash, how are you looking at buying earrings: through the ''diamond jewelry'' section, or ''loose dimonds'' section? I find when I look through their diamond jewelry section, the color isn''t quite what I want (the color they offer is I for 1.50 ctw - I''m looking for F or G). When I look through the loose diamond section, I''m afraid I''ll pick 2 diamonds that aren''t compatible for earrings...
HI Lianne,

You will need help from the vendor in picking two diamonds that are compatible. I dont know anything about Blue Nile, but I read on here that they are a reputable company to deal with. As far as WhiteFlash, call them and they can advise you.

Good Luck
MWG

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The first stone is a tad deep and the crown angle is a little high. As noted by others, BN is reputable...but it doesn''t have a trade up policy and they don''t show images and details of the stones.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/22/2007 5:11:04 PM
Author: Lianne

Yellowsparkles - With Whiteflash, how are you looking at buying earrings: through the 'diamond jewelry' section, or 'loose dimonds' section? I find when I look through their diamond jewelry section, the color isn't quite what I want (the color they offer is I for 1.50 ctw - I'm looking for F or G). When I look through the loose diamond section, I'm afraid I'll pick 2 diamonds that aren't compatible for earrings...
Lianne, I looked through their loose diamond section. I found one stone and then you can select "find matching diamonds" option. I found two that match really well. I bought them. Since then I have been on the site and tried to find similiar stones.... prices are a bit higher. I bought on Saturday and perhaps prices went up on Sunday? Once I bought them - I have been in contact with Leslie to make sure they are well matched.

I am really impressed with Whiteflash and their customer service. I also find their website very easy to use and I like the fact they have pictures of the diamonds.
Also their trade up policy only applies to the loose diamonds - not the pre-set earrings.

Lianne

Rough_Rock
Yellowsparkles - thanks so much for your help. I think I''ll do the same thing and look through the loose diamonds and choose a matching diamond. (And probably call them to complete the earring set...) WhiteFlash seems to get better reviews on this forum than Blue Nile.

Thanks again for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results