shape
carat
color
clarity

Round diamond in marquise-like setting (with halo) ???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pixelbender

Rough_Rock
Anyone ever seen a round diamond in a more marquise-style setting? My GF loves a marquise with a halo around it as it lengthens her fingers. Yet, I think we want to go with a round for brilliance, other reasons.

Anyone have any pictures? Thoughts?

We originally looked at 3/4 ct stones, but with the cost of customizing (which I have no idea of yet) I may have to just go with a 1/2ct.

It would be a custom made. I'm thinking a halo for a marquise but with a round in the middle. The "empty space" would be occupied by swirly kind of things (which would hold the diamond just a hair above the top level of the halo).

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I have seen rings like this, let me see if I can find them in my sashorama of pictures. the one I'm thinking of off the top of my head was set east west though... same idea - but more of a cluster ring.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Have you asked her if she would be happy with a smaller round instead of a larger marquise. As long as she is on board with this, it looks like an interesting design. I would just want to be sure that this is her desire, as well as yours
1.gif

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
If you want to do a marquise shape like that I'd leave it all open where the marquise tips are.... have a basket to hold the diamond from the bottom and use the sides of the marquise where you have the halo to act like channels to hold the center stone in a a semi-bezel type way.

If she wants a marquise I'd get her the marquise to be honest. You can get like a 1-1.25ct marquise for the price of a 3/4ct round and a premium cut marquise of that size may very well sparkle just ask much as a round of smaller size. Just my 2c :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
ugh, I can''t find it... but I would put a very clear outline like an internal bezel in the shape of a marquise and then fill the inside with diamonds - probably one large round and two small rounds - and then do the halo around that. I will look one more time, I know I have it somewhere lol

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i would just get her a 1 carat marquise. super cheap right now becuase they are out of style.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
double ugh... I''m just not finding it... it''s a fairly old fashioned idea... do some searches on estate rings - particularly diamond cluster rings and cocktail rings... don''t let the word cocktail scare you off of your idea... a lot of these rings have rounds but they are small relative to the size of the entire ring - if you really are going to do the halo just to the outer edges of the round width you should be fine.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay obviously I''m on a mission LOL

here''s some at lang that have at least a flavor of what you''re doing - even if not exactly what you''re hoping for.

http://www.langantiques.com/detail/10-1-1784.html

http://www.langantiques.com/detail/30-91-1853.html

http://www.langantiques.com/detail/30-91-1858.html

http://www.langantiques.com/detail/10-1-1779.html

and don''t forget to look toward brooches and pendants for inspiration.... I know this is a horrible photoshop, but you get the idea of how you can be inspired... sorry I couldn''t find the ones I was thinking of...

roundmarquise.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the second one that Cehra posted. I''d probably consider buying it. That would cut out all the hassle of trying to go custom. Maybe looking at alot of Estate or Antique sites would be a way to find THE ring.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
one thing to watch for is that your design doesn''t look like an eyeball!!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
some kind of Edwardian, navette ring ?

i''d just go for a marq and halo it... very pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results