shape
carat
color
clarity

Round diamond in an X-prong vatche setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anaphe

Rough_Rock
My appologies if someone has already posted this but does any one have a side by side of a similar carat ring both the Princess/lucida vs a round brillant in a x-prong ring?

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Here are pictures of the Vatche x-prong set with both round and princess cut diamonds.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

GI_xcf802_100_f.jpg

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the x-prong set with a princess cut. I tried to load both in one post but the files were too big :)

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

GI_XprongPrin_f.jpg

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is with a RADIANT cut!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

GI_XprongptRad_f.jpg

student

Shiny_Rock
That is a beautiful setting. And it looks to me like it would be safer than some other 4-prong settings, because the bars on the side of the diamond would keep it from falling out if one prong broke. Does anyone know if this is the case?

BEDAZZLED

Shiny_Rock
My sister has it with a round stone. It is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anaphe

Rough_Rock
Great thanks for your help. I think I have decided. I will be buying her a platinum with a .75 round. The nicest I can afford.

Kirsteneli

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a .5 ct ring in a platinum x-prong setting. Does anyone know where I can find such a ring at a good price? (My fiance and I are students and are on a tight budget, so we need to find it at the lowest possible price).

phi368

Rough_Rock
I would try whiteflash or Diamond Broker's of Florida. They both sell these settings (I think) and have great reviews to both service and price. I myself am looking to buy a Vatche and diamond from one of them.

LesleyH --> Question.
I'm so glad you put up pics of the X-prong with different cuts in there. A couple of questions though. What sizes are the diamonds you have in there? Second, I was considering a flander's cut. What it look similar in the ring as the radiant does?

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
bump

this is an old thread but i was wondering the size of the radiant pictured in the x prong? also does anyone know why this one is sitting so much lower than the princess? is it size cut or just b/c it is set lower?

thanks!!!

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
That's a huge radiant. Probably over 2ct. It sits lower probably because of the cut of the pavillion. The pavillion facets of a radiant are cut different, not usually as deep and that may be why it allows the diamond to drop in almost to the girdle whereas the princess sits higher because it doesn't drop in as far. Not sure, just my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results