shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Diamond Engagement Ring

net_worth

Rough_Rock
I'm looking to purchase a round diamond. After reading all of the beginner guides and FAQ I've been searching some of the reputable online retailers with the following characteristics:

Budget: $5,000 for the diamond
Carat: >=1
Cut: Ideal+
Color: H-I
Clarity: VS2

I'm not exactly sure how important the following are but I've filtered for diamonds with the following:

Table:54-58
Depth: 60-62.3
Crown angle: 34-35
Pavilion angle: 40.6-41

There are quite a few diamonds that show up when searching this range and I'm not sure what I can do to select one. Can anyone link a diamond they like that has more experience than I do and shed some light on why you like it?

For what it's worth I went to a local jeweler and he showed me 3 GIA diamonds. They were $5600-$6500 ~1ct diamonds. When I plugged in the specs to bluenile similar diamonds were between $2900-$3500 and were good/very good cuts. The future wife loved those horrible quality and poorly priced diamonds so I'm sure I can't go wrong with any choice.

Also, she really liked a setting from that jeweler. Would it be a bad idea to bring him a loose diamond and have him put it in the setting after looking at his diamonds and not buying one?

net_worth

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the links I will take a look at those diamonds

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
net_worth,

You have done your research. Good. The numbers you have posted are a good start. Next, narrow your search by using the HCA -

https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca

Then use the light performance images (Ideal-Scope and ASET) to help make your selection.

If you bring those images back and post them here you will likely get a lot of help.

Happy Hunting.

net_worth

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the delay, I will look up some diamonds with my specs today and post the images for people to comment on.

net_worth

Rough_Rock
Diamond_Hawk|1479605587|4100686 said:
net_worth,

You have done your research. Good. The numbers you have posted are a good start. Next, narrow your search by using the HCA -

Then use the light performance images (Ideal-Scope and ASET) to help make your selection.

If you bring those images back and post them here you will likely get a lot of help.

Happy Hunting.

Are ideal-scope and ASET something I'd have to ask the online retailers for? I don't really see any posted on diamonds in my range on the three retailers I'm browsing.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
net_worth|1481043581|4105174 said:
Diamond_Hawk|1479605587|4100686 said:
net_worth,

Happy Hunting.

Are ideal-scope and ASET something I'd have to ask the online retailers for? I don't really see any posted on diamonds in my range on the three retailers I'm browsing.

Hi net_worth,

Many online retailers can get ASET and Ideal-Scope images even if they are not posted - simply contact them and ask. The diamond suppliers all have different types of equipment, so depending on where the stone is located they often can get those images for you - but on occasion it is not possible.

In general the price or specs of the diamond will have little to do with availability or non-availability of the images.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results