shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Brilliant Review

cjbills

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone!

I've been looking at diamonds for what feels like forever, and I think I've found a good choice.

The one I've found scores a 1.1 on the Holloway. Here it is:

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.30-carat-f-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-2222913

SHAPE: Round
CARAT WEIGHT: 1.30
COLOR: F
CLARITY: VS1
CUT: Excellent
POLISH: Excellent
SYMMETRY: Excellent
FLUORESCENCE: None
L/W/D (MM): 7.00*7.03*4.26

L/W RATIO: 1.00
DEPTH %: 60.70
GIRDLE: Medium - Slightly Thick
TABLE %: 59.00
CULET: None
CERTIFICATE: GIA
CROWN ∠: 34.00
CROWN %: 14.00
PAVILION ∠: 40.60

ac117 suggested I check out B2C, but after 2 requests, they never got back to with any of the images...

I know I shouldn't rush this decision, but I've been looking a long time and would like to get a purchase finalized.

Anyway, all opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a nice stone with 60/60 proportions and will favor white light return over colored light return. Nothing wrong with that, just a different "flavor" of diamond. Read this:
https://www.pricescope.com/wiki/diamonds/60-60-proportioned-diamond

I had suggested the B2C diamonds a few weeks ago and it seems your budget was $5k-$10k then. Has that now changed? Suggestions depend on inventory at the time, desired specs and budget.

cjbills

Rough_Rock
Hi again ac117!

I had originally wanted to keep it under 10k all in, but I am starting to be a bit more flexible. That and my grandmother got ahold of my fiancee and told her she 'probably needs a bigger ring than 1k'... thanks Grandma.

When speaking with a rep from JA, they seemed to keep pushing me towards medium and strong blue fluorescence. Not really sure why as the stone I have reserved has none. I'd be open to the idea, but have read a lot of warnings about haze and or milkiness.

I just ran the stone through that Holloway test and it got a a pretty solid score, so I was hoping the proportions were solid?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results