shape
carat
color
clarity

Round brilliant in Cushion Micropave Halo

mesmerize

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I was looking around online (everywhere) and have seen some beautiful round brilliant cuts in cushion halo settings, but I have yet to see one in a micropave halo. I was looking for something really delicate with a thin halo and was wondering if anyone out there had something similar?? Looking for something along the lines of a Harry Winston inspired cushion halo, but with a round brilliant centre stone. Think it's possible?? Please let me know! I am new to all of this and still starting to learn! Thank you =)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure that can be done, but it would likely need to be custom, obviously. Contact Victor Canera or Steven Kirsch and ask what they recommend.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not understanding your terminology.

Is this what you are trying to say:

I've seen many rounds in cushion halos, but the pave style favored for this design is bright cut. Does anyone have one with V or U cut pave?

If so... it's a bit harder to do it this way and there are more likely to be gaps. But it can be done and Victor or Steven would be my choices for the job.

mesmerize

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1347990795|3270319 said:
I'm not understanding your terminology.

Is this what you are trying to say:

I've seen many rounds in cushion halos, but the pave style favored for this design is bright cut. Does anyone have one with V or U cut pave?

If so... it's a bit harder to do it this way and there are more likely to be gaps. But it can be done and Victor or Steven would be my choices for the job.

I apologize, I'm quite new at this and do not know the terminology very well. I wanted something HW inspired (maybe a V cut pave so that there is as little metal showing as possible??), and to have the melee as close to the stone as possible I wanted something that looked like this:

http://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/195646/IMG_1065.jpg

I've seen some posts on this topic, and some people were directed to ERD. Would you recommend this or still Victor or Steven? Thank you for your input!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry I don't know... I know I should know.. but I don't and it's not listed on the apprasial because someone else ask me... I'm afraid to even hazzard a guess.... and look terribly dumb.... :-o I see the difference in the pictures though....

You could ask Adam...at Sareen...

mesmerize

Rough_Rock
Mayk|1348000857|3270409 said:
I'm sorry I don't know... I know I should know.. but I don't and it's not listed on the apprasial because someone else ask me... I'm afraid to even hazzard a guess.... and look terribly dumb.... :-o I see the difference in the pictures though....

You could ask Adam...at Sareen...

LOL that's okay thank you for your help!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No Mark at ERD would be good too. You'll need his handforged bench.

What's your center stone size? (dimensions, not carat weight).

You can get half pointers. That's as small as you want to go. I have those in my halo by Steven. He does them well. If the vendor is not comfortable with 1/2 pointers don't press it. Move on and find someone who is. Not all vendors are comfortable with pave at 1/2 pointers).

mesmerize

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1348008428|3270483 said:
No Mark at ERD would be good too. You'll need his handforged bench.

What's your center stone size? (dimensions, not carat weight).

You can get half pointers. That's as small as you want to go. I have those in my halo by Steven. He does them well. If the vendor is not comfortable with 1/2 pointers don't press it. Move on and find someone who is. Not all vendors are comfortable with pave at 1/2 pointers).

Thank you Gypsy! I'm not sure of the center stone size yet. I am looking in between (the smallest) 6.36 - 6.42 x 3.9 mm, OR around 6.89 - 6.92 x4.26 mm (the largest) or anything in between... big difference I know, but I am still not sure, will definitely post to ask for some pointers if I decide to go ahead with this!

Is going smaller than 1/2 pointers that completely pointless?? Might be a stupid question! What the size do you think are the diamonds on the HW halo? Thank you again!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for asking the question, because I'm learning the terminology too.

I love the delicacy of the halo you seek; I hope you find your fine halo. =)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You definitely do not want any smaller than 1/2 pointers. That small and they won't even look like diamonds or sparkle. They will just look like gray dots.

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi there...
I think what you want is doable. You just need to gather lots of pictures of the rings that you like so you can describe it well to your jeweler.

I am having a ring made with a "delicate" halo. I don't know the carat weight (or point size) of the diamonds in the halo, I just know that they called it a "1mm halo", referring to it's width. (But I think Gypsy told me that her 1mm halo is made of 1/2 pointers).

My stone is a cushion (7.11 x 7.57) but I'm sure it can be done with a round as well.
Take a look at these pics... Is this the look you are going for? Again... It's a 1mm halo.

082712_1199.jpg

082812_1191.jpg

090612_4.jpg

090612_5.jpg

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
Hi mesmerize :)

do you plan to wear the ring everyday, also for relatively 'rough' activities?
If so, perhaps you should not go too small. If you want to keep a relatively robust structure, you will need to maintain a certain tickness in the band. And maintaining it while having smaller diamonds would mean that some metal would show through.

As a reference, I have heard that 1.7 and 1.8 mm is as low as many PSers would go.

I have also read that forged settings are supposed to resist better than otherwise produced settings (because the structure of the metal is more regular and compact). Please anybody correct me if I am mistaken :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results