shape
carat
color
clarity

Round brilliant diamond

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I slightly prefer the smaller table on the second diamond.

Kal111

Rough_Rock
Thank you Kim, I really like the 1.13 second stone, but wasn't sure about the main arrows not being as defined and uniformed as the first stone.
Can you tell if there would be any potential light leakage under the table by the pattern? I am awaiting an ASET but not sure where it will be sent to me.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd ask them to hold the diamond for you until they've sent you an ASET. Some others on this forum are better able to evaluate based on just photos than I can--maybe they can chime in. I don't like the look of the third diamond you've just posted.

Kal111

Rough_Rock
I'd ask them to hold the diamond for you until they've sent you an ASET. Some others on this forum are better able to evaluate based on just photos than I can--maybe they can chime in. I don't like the look of the third diamond you've just posted.

I have reserved the k vvs and also j Vs - https://www.bluenile.com/uk/diamond-details/LD14227376?track=Detlink0
The Bluenile advisor suggested I go for the J as it's lower colour and also at a slightly lower price too.
I hope more people could chime in, it will make my choice easier.
Thanks for your help

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Hi La2020 do you mean about the SI1 that has off center or the vvs2?

What do you think of this one:

I still like the: https://www.bluenile.com/uk/diamond-details/LD14781846

How do they compare? Which one would be the better option for all round performance?

I was referring to the VVS1. Still prefer VVS1 overall.

My reservations towards J is mainly due to the inclusions and crown angle is bigger than 35 degree.

Kal111

Rough_Rock
I was referring to the VVS1. Still prefer VVS1 overall.

My reservations towards J is mainly due to the inclusions and crown angle is bigger than 35 degree.

I had the same concerns about the j Vs and also has very good polish and didn't have good score on the HCA.

What do you think of this one

Has 1.4 on HCA average spread. Should I worry about inclusions such as clouds not shown?

Thanks

Kal111

Rough_Rock
Hello again,

Just discovered this one:

A bit lower price, inclusions seem on the corners of table, crown angle 35 and pavillion 40.6 small table 56 and 62.1 depth pretty identical to the vvs.

Should I be concerned about clouds not shown on comments?

Kal111

Rough_Rock
On James Allen has better video perhaps:

HCA score 0.9 looks it's size face up.

Kal111

Rough_Rock
What do you think of this one? I like the fluorescence and faint brown modifier. There's a thread in RockyTalky that talks about how faint brown can "trick" the eye into thinking the stone is whiter. https://www.bluenile.com/uk/diamond-details/LD14374449

Yes, I did read the article some lovely images with faint brown diamonds. I did consider it, but it's slightly deeper cut and crown angle 50.5. I thought the arrows, facets of the table not as uniformly alined as on the other diamonds.

I quite like the last one I posted k SI1 the price is good and was told it's eye clean. But not sure if the inclusion reflections on bottom left of the stone would be visible to the naked eye. As long as it doesn't affect light return.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Hello again,

Just discovered this one:

A bit lower price, inclusions seem on the corners of table, crown angle 35 and pavillion 40.6 small table 56 and 62.1 depth pretty identical to the vvs.

Should I be concerned about clouds not shown on comments?

clouds not shown might have clarity issues. I will only purchase if I have a good look at the diamond. i.e. x40 zoom of the diamond

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
On James Allen has better video perhaps:

HCA score 0.9 looks it's size face up.

Yes this one looks good. the geek in me like the strong fluorescence too. Are these the videos of the same diamond? I find James Allen a good platform for beginners like me, who wants to view the video in detail, their virtual assistants are very helpful too.

You can try whiteflash, as they have pretty nice videos of the actual diamonds too.

Kal111

Rough_Rock
Yes this one looks good. the geek in me like the strong fluorescence too. Are these the videos of the same diamond? I find James Allen a good platform for beginners like me, who wants to view the video in detail, their virtual assistants are very helpful too.

You can try whiteflash, as they have pretty nice videos of the actual diamonds too.

Yes it's same K SI1 as the one on Bluenile, but better video at JA. I asked if it's eye clean the advisor said it is, there are some reflections of inclusions on bottom left corner which concern me. What do you think? I don't mind strong fluor as long as it doesn't impact the stone in any way. I think this one might be the winner.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Is the price at BlueNile cheaper?

if I zoom the diamond out to around the actual size, i couldn't really see. but the diamond looks good. =)2

Kal111

Rough_Rock
I don't know what the price on JA is as I have it on hold at BN lol. But JA can't be beat at quality images.
The rep at BN confirmed its eye clean: The vendor has confirmed on that one - Diamond Visual
yes eye clean, slight brown, no milky or hazy, sorry we don't have ASET Image.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing... How did u CSI and track the same diamond in James allen?! JA has the gia number removed from their site.

Do share the photos once you have received the diamond. :)

Kal111

Rough_Rock
It took some investigation on my side which it's like a part time job for me lol. I basically looked into HCA tool you can search for in-house or virtual diamonds on there and it showed on both sites along with the HCA score

Kal111

Rough_Rock
What is CSI? Sorry not familiar. Yes JA don't have the Gia but if you look at the specs and measurements on their website it's identical and no diamond is the same.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
GL! The diamond you have on hold has some similar stats to my ring that I love.
Also, where is the cut score tool you are referring too?

Kal111

Rough_Rock
GL? I would love to see your ring.
The cut score you can check at www.stonealgo.com it has been of immense help.

Kal111

Rough_Rock
I got the ASET for the vvs2
R97555-ASET white-03.jpg R97555-IdealScope-02.jpg R97555-Hearts-02.jpg R97555-Arrows-02.jpg R97555-Officelight black-02.jpg R97555-Officelight Gray-04.jpg R97555-ASET white-03.jpg R97555-IdealScope-02.jpg R97555-Hearts-02.jpg R97555-Arrows-02.jpg R97555-Officelight black-02.jpg R97555-Officelight Gray-04.jpg

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
r97555-idealscope-02-jpg.796016

I think there is some light leakage under the table. Maybe the expert PSers can help to verify?

Kal111

Rough_Rock
r97555-idealscope-02-jpg.796016

I think there is some light leakage under the table. Maybe the expert PSers can help to verify?

La2020 I just purchased the K SI1 very excited and chose the 18k gold classic 6 claws solitaire. Will send photos when I get it. Thank you again for your help, I do appreciate it.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
La2020 I just purchased the K SI1 very excited and chose the 18k gold classic 6 claws solitaire. Will send photos when I get it. Thank you again for your help, I do appreciate it.

That is great! I am happy that my tiny contribution helped! Yes! do share the photos of the diamond once you have received it =)2

Kal111

Rough_Rock
That is great! I am happy that my tiny contribution helped! Yes! do share the photos of the diamond once you have received it =)2

No JA said the diamond will be cloudy throughout when I asked the compare to another K SI. They also said that it has a slight brown colour which could affect brilliance. Hmmm I am conflicted. Please help!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I totally forgot whose ring it is but there is a gorgeous K on here with faint brown on the GIA report. I remember thinking what a gorgeous stone. And it didn’t have any impact on its brilliance. I’m sure the cut was superb. I wish I remember whose ring it was but I don’t. Perhaps go to the K colored thread in SMTB I’m sure it’s in there. The waiting is the hardest part.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results