shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Brilliant Diamond Search Criteria

d2choi

Rough_Rock
Just wanted some opinions on the search criteria I am currently using to find a round brilliant loose diamond. It's for an engagement ring for my girlfriend. Does my search criteria look okay? Refering to the depth, table, crown/pav angle, etc..?

Carat: 1.35-1.55
Colour: G-H
Cut: Ideal/Excellent
Clarity: SI1, VS2, VS1
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Depth: 58-63%
Table: 55-58%

Flourescence: Faint - None
Paviliion Angle: 40-41 deg
Crown Angle: 33-35 deg
Pavillion Depth: 42.5-43.5%

Girdle: med to slightly thick
Culet: none

Budget for loose diamond $12,000

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pav angle between 40.6 and 41 is good. Can push 41.2 if cut very tightly.

CA can safely go up to 35.5 or 36 with complimentary PA.

Tables 53-59%, up to 60 if cut tightly, and can push tables down even smaller if you want that look.

And only work with vendors who will provide pictures.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep depth at 62.3 or less. Too deep usually equals smaller diameter.

d2choi

Rough_Rock
thanks the JamesAllen diamond doesn't look too bad at 40x - looks eye clean to me.
However does anyone know if they charge duties to Canada?
Currently also waiting a call back from white on a virtual stock diamond - they told me I have to pay the cost of the loose diamond up front in order for them to bring it in and get it examined.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
d2choi|1359996276|3371928 said:
thanks the JamesAllen diamond doesn't look too bad at 40x - looks eye clean to me.
However does anyone know if they charge duties to Canada?
Currently also waiting a call back from white on a virtual stock diamond - they told me I have to pay the cost of the loose diamond up front in order for them to bring it in and get it examined.

Deal with NY vendors for virtual stones. They just go pick them up from the supplier and you do not have to pay in advance. You want a magnified picture of the stone and an idealscope image. WhiteFlash is known for their high quality selection of stones they have specially cut and are in-house. I go there for their stones, not for virtual stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results