shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Brilliant - Deal or No Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soon-to-wed

Rough_Rock
OK Ladies and Gents,

You are my "go-to" guys and gals. Anytime I had a question, I turned to this forum for research. Now, for the first time, here is my post. Do you think I can do better with the diamonds below in regards to price? My roommate''s Dad is a jeweler so I thought I would be getting a deal but now, I''m not sure. Here are the specs. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Price: $15,200
Shape: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 7.29 x 7.37 x 4.60mm
Carat Weight: 1.51
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: VS1
Depth: 62.8%
Table: 57%
Girdle: Thin to Thick, Faceted
Cutlet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: None
Crown Angle: 34.5°
Crown Height: 15%
Pavilion Angle: 41.4°
Pavilion Depth: 44%
Star length: 55%
Lower Half: 80%
Cut Grade: Very Good

Price: $14,500
Shape: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 7.28 x 7.30 x 4.61mm
Carat Weight: 1.51
Color Grade: G
Clarity Grade: VS1
Depth: 63.2%
Table: 56%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Cutlet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
Crown Angle: 36°
Crown Height: 15.5%
Pavilion Angle: 41.4°
Pavilion Depth: 44%
Star length: 55%
Lower Half: 85%
Cut Grade: Very Good

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know about the price, you can check by using the Pricescope your diamomd at the top of the page. But I''ll be honest, I would not consider either of these. Sorry, don''t mean to burst your bubble, but I don''t like the depth on them, and I really don''t like the crown and pavillion angle combos. I know you can find better.
28.gif

soon-to-wed

Rough_Rock
Ellen,
No need to worry about bursting any bubbles. Although I invested time with this jeweler, I''m willing to cut my losses with him and look elesewhere. Thanks for the advice. I, too, wasn''t getting a warm-fuzzy feeling about these two diamonds. Anyone else with their opinion?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think you can do better in regards to quality vs. price for sure. the price is about right for the size, but you can do better on the cut. did you try using the ''cut quality search'' above?

best of luck!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Soon,

Agree with both my friends here. Actually, sorry, but you might actually ask your roommate''s Dad why he recommended these. Though I agree with Belle, the $$ puts you in the correct territory with the size, color & clarity grades...these days, even as you presented them, you can read in English the cut grade. Very good wouldn''t be bad, except that Excellent is available, and it accounts for too many poorly cut diamonds as is, so why optionally go for less than excellent.

If you particularly want VS1, for a little more, there''s this one, found where Belle sent you. But VS2 is routinely fine, for which this one based on the Pricescope discount of $15,450, is worth dropping the F for, getting you symmetry that is better than "good...and an ACA premium at that. Two others you might consider to get you easy savings, and great quality are this & this.

Good shopping!

soon-to-wed

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Thank you, & Thank you. I really don''t know what I would do if it wasn''t for you guys and gals. Ira - Thanks for the recommendations. I''m lookling into it now. The hunt continues...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results