shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Brilliant Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Manshoon

Rough_Rock
I found the following to diamonds for sale and I can't decide between them let me know what you think of them. Thanks!

Diamond 1: 0.75 carats
Cert: GIA
Clarity: VVS1
Color: F
Table: 57.6
Depth: 61.4
Symmetry: Ex
Polish: Ex
Pavilion Angle: 41.0
Crown Angle: 35.1
Girdle: Medium, Faceted
Fluorescence: Medium, Blue
Cutlet: None
------------------------
Cost: $3500

Diamond 2: 0.78 carats
Clarity: VS2
Table: 57.0
Depth: 61.9
Symmetry: VG
Pavilion Angle: 41.1
Fluorescence: Faint, Blue
------------------------
Cost: $3200

The prices aren't set in stone, they are just preliminary numbers he threw out. Let me know which one you think is the better buy. I'm a little concerned about the medium fluorescence on the 75 pointer, but let me know your opinion.

Thanks a bunch!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Medium blue fluorescence is nothing to worry about.

. There is an example for 35° crown and 41° pavilion angles to play with (file T57 C35.0 P41.0.gem). You'll be able to see light leakage and evaluate light return for this type of stones. Compare it with other combination of crown and pavilion angles like 34.5° and 40.5° (file T57 C34.5 P40.75.gem).

[/u][/u][/u]

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
These are going to be better than most pairs of stones found in earrings. There may be a tiny difference bewteen them, but it is likkely that they will be very much the same in appearance...The VS2 is very little less for two clarity grades difference....

Jess

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 6/15/2002 7:08:22 PM

I found the following to diamonds for sale and I can't decide between them let me know what you think of them. Thanks!

Diamond 1: 0.75 carats
Clarity: VVS1
Table: 57.6
Depth: 61.4
Symmetry: Ex
Pavilion Angle: 41.0
Fluorescence: Medium, Blue
------------------------
Cost: $3500

Diamond 2: 0.78 carats
Clarity: VS2
Table: 57.0
Depth: 61.9
Symmetry: VG
Pavilion Angle: 41.1
Fluorescence: Faint, Blue
------------------------
Cost: $3200

The prices aren't set in stone, they are just preliminary numbers he threw out. Let me know which one you think is the better buy. I'm a little concerned about the medium fluorescence on the 75 pointer, but let me know your opinion.

Thanks a bunch!

----------------

Hi! I am no expert...just a girl hoping for a rock sometime soon. Your 1st rock (.75)score a 2.1 on cut advisor, and the .78 score a 2.6. Those are considered "very good" but I think you can do better for the money. Consider going to a H or so in color and stick with VS1-SI1. This will save you a few bucks with no real visible difference in appearance( unless you just like perfection). Like I said, I am no expert, but that's my 2 cents!
Jess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results