shape
carat
color
clarity

rough morning -- now need advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I assume some of you can relate to being rushed out of the house by your other half...
sick.gif
. (it''s a common occurance at my house as he sits in the driveway with the car idling 10 minutes before we agreed we''d leave!)

Early Sunday am, my husband was in a rush to get to the driving range, so I didn''t take my rings off before we left. (This is my beautiful brand new 2.5c RB cathedral set platinum ring.)
In my disorganized state, I unknowingly dropped the rings as I got out of the car on a dirt and rock parking area. After a panic and a lot of the golf course people chipping in to help look, we finally found them, pushed into the rocks and dirt since someone had run over them.

WHEEWWWW.......
6.gif

But now the stone is loose. (I can hear it rattling.) I''m looking for a good jeweler today, but what should I expect? Will I probably need a new head or will he/she be able to tighten it well enough without resorting to super glue?
eek.gif
It looks just fine -- not bent or anything visible.

What a horrible moment. Knowing it was insured doesn''t take the trauma away.
errrr.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes what a scare!! I never take my ring off without putting it on my fiance's pinky finger while I am putting lotion on or something. I don't trust myself to hold it in my lap, hand etc. Too scary.

You probably just need the prongs tightened on the stone. I am actually surprised that just falling to the ground and being moved around a little actually loosened the stone from the prongs!! Is the setting platinum?

Good luck!!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Yup, it was awful. It was the lotion that got me. I didn't have my normal case I keep them in and had them on my lap. (This was pre-coffee...
sick.gif
)

They are platinum, but they were run over by a car and pushed into the dirt and rock parking surface. (I was really lucky to find them. I found the band right away, but not the solitare -- it was almost completely buried.) I can hear the stone rattle when I shake it next to my ear, so I'm afraid to wear it until I get it checked. I just don't want them to superglue it (as I read here recently), and the jeweler who did the work originally is too far to go back to, so I have to try someone new.....

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd agree with what Mara is saying. If the prongs are not mangled or bent badly then you probably just need a tightening.

Glad you found the rings. It is a pretty traumatic experience.

Peace,
Rhino

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Rhino and Mara.

I'm taking it in this afternoon, so I can put it back on my finger asap!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/18/2003 12:43:35 PM hoorray wrote:

They are platinum, but they were run over by a car and pushed into the dirt and rock parking surface.

----------------
Oh my gosh--RUN OVER?!??!! Sheesh!! You are lucky indeed!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results