shape
carat
color
clarity

rough gem courses

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jeremiebkk

Rough_Rock
Hi
I''m not sure about where to post that but here I go.Does anyone have information about a course specifically adressing the rough colored gems??Could be in any country.
Thanks for any input
Jeremie

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
HiJeremie,

Try searching around yourgemologist.com Robert has some pretty neat stuff on rough and mineral specimens. He may be able to point you in th right direction. I would imagine any nearby colloege would offer a basis mineralogy or course, but never heard of one just focusing on rough gemstones.

I majored in Earth Science in college and maybe this is what led me to gemology...rock hound at heart!

Cindy

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jeremie

Try making contact with the South African Diamond Board in Johannesburg and try to contact a Mr. Tienie Barns who runs an exeptionaly good rough diamond grading course.

I dont have the telephone number on hand but If you cant find it I could make a few calls

Wayne Solomon
Melbourne Diamond Exchange ltd

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
You should also visit the GIA website.

http://www.gia.org/

Kirk Konst

jeremiebkk

Rough_Rock
thanks guys for the input, i'm going to check the links and contacts out. About GIA I'm taking the colored stones gemologist course in their Bangkok campus at the moment and there's very little focus on the rough.The course seems to be more aimed at future retailers.Definetely interesting though
Cheers

jeremiebkk

Rough_Rock
Hi Mdx
thanks for the info, that sounds pretty much like the kind of course I'm looking for, but about colored stones(at the moment) at least.
Anymore input welcome
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results