shape
carat
color
clarity

Rotated Square Stone Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Davey

Rough_Rock
I have my eye on a specific setting where the diamond (a square stone like princess) is rotated at 45 degrees:

http://www.diamond-gallery.com/dg/images/shopping/jwer15.jpg

Does anyone have any opinions/experience with this kind of setting? (Would it catch on things easily? Does it seem secure? Are such "rotated" settings very popular?) It may be difficult to see from the picture alone, but would it be considered flush, bezel or something else altogether?

Also, shown is a princess, but is there any reason why something like Sirius'' empress couldn''t also work for such a setting? (A picture of an empress can be found at http://www.bigdiamond.com/images/siriusArcticEmpress2.jpg)

Thank you very much for taking the time to help.

Davey

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
That is a very pretty ring and yes, we believe that it would work with an Empress very nicely!

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Hi Davey -

Nice setting. A pretty alternative to a standard solitare. Also, to me it does not look like it would catch on things any more or less than a setting with the diamond set in a head but I would need to see it from the side. If it sits lower than a standard setting, it may even catch on things less. Also, unless you can see it from the side, you can't tell if it is sort of a channel setting or a tension setting.

As for the Siruis Empress .... WOW
love.gif
The only problem is that I do not think that the setting you are looking at will show it off because the cut corners will not be that evident. Just my opinion.
wavey.gif

Davey

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for your replies.

I'm very pleased with your positive reactions. I've recently called a few places which do custom settings, but the estimates seem high to me. Any guesses on what I should expect to pay for this done in platinum? (I'm not such a fan of the gold.)

Thanks again.

Davey

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I ususally hate princesses, but I think that ring is gorgeous. I bet it catches less than other settings because there are no prongs--and it looks like it protects the edges of the stone, too. Nice one!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I love that look. I would think, though, that it would cost any more for someone to make it from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results