shape
carat
color
clarity

rosy blue?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bogus

Rough_Rock
has anyone ever heard of Rosy Blue diamond cutters? if so do you know
if they are good or not?
thanx
wacko.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The mostest huge company that cut the cheapest to the biggest so they have all qualities.
They decided to go verticle (ie sell to their customers customers customers) by creating a 'brand'.

The company head, Dilip Mehta, is on the board of govenors of both HRD and GIA. Very smart guy - dry, looks right through you, and probably knows more about what you are thinking than what you know about yourself. (mind you all i ever think about is booze and birds)

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One of my grading lab operations does quite a lot of grading of Rosy Blue diamonds. Like Cut Nut says, they have it all. We do a ton of grading in their lower quality ranges for chain store operations. They treat us with respect and are always courteous. It is a gigantic operation. I am only familiar with their New York City offices and staff.

There is nothing about them that one should be fearful about so far as I know. I find them among the easier clients we have. They do know the diamond business.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oldminer

Are their lower quality ranges for chainstores receiving certificates? What are the grades these diamonds are obtaining?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Their "low" quality diamonds do not get any grading reports. Much of what we do grade is from D-I color and SI1 through I2... Believe it or not, there is a ton of diamonds that are sold that are even lower grades than what we work on.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks oldminer but are stones as low as I2 getting certificates? Why is this because they have a higher colour?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
No Pyramid, it is because buying a diamond at any level in the market, or socio-economic level, is something that people do as a way of expressing their love and the value of their relationships (or making a reward for a personal acheivement etc).
Buying a diamond with a certificate can add something to that process in many peoples minds. It is all part of the symbolism of diamonds
1.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I realise that too Cut Nut. I feel however that this is where people are let down by jewellers. Surely for the cost of that certificate they could have a better clarity even if it was an I1. I know it is up to each individual to educate themselves and choose what they want but some and myself in the past never thought of education in diamond buying although may have looked into buying a working, moving car more before putting down the money
1.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I won't tell you how little we charge per stone, but I absolutely promise you that our fee does not prevent anyone from buying a better diamond such as an I1 instead of an I2. We charge VERY LITTLE for this volume inspection service. It is way less detailed than any regular diamond report on better goods...Garry's post describes how important verification of "quality" is to even the least affluent customers today. We do an honest job and are very glad to have this business. It is pretty much the polar opposite of what is sold on the Internet from reliable vendors.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pyramid, have you ever run a serch for I2-I3 clarity grades right here on PS? there are plenty
1.gif
all sizes and colors.... and this sounds normal to me. since the respective database is suposed to be a tool in support of the fables freedom of choice, after all.

What is less likely to come up are those O-Z colors, in any clarity - but by now I surely believe it just so happens
read.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oldminer, Oh I see, so the report is not costing that much. I have seen diamonds in chainstores in the UK with IGI certification going down to P1 clarity and I just assumed this cost a fair bit for the certificate.

valeria101 No I had never looked at I2/I3 grades on pricescope before although I have seen plenty on ebay for sale.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 5/5/2004 9:06:49 AM Cut Nut wrote:

No Pyramid, it is because buying a diamond at any level in the market, or socio-economic level, is something that people do as a way of expressing their love and the value of their relationships (or making a reward for a personal acheivement etc).
Buying a diamond with a certificate can add something to that process in many peoples minds. It is all part of the symbolism of diamonds
1.gif
----------------

Come to think of it, this is what I did when I bought a smaller diamond from a chain store with their own report giving colour and clarity for the diamond. Ofcourse, I know now that I should have an independent appraisal but at the time felt more comfortable buying from them than from another chain store which gave no indication of clarity etc.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
GASP! Rosy Blue is so close!

Rosy Blue's Offices

Also, on their website are some interesting things about what they are involved in and what they may be planning in the future.

I particularly am interested in their new affiliation with Vera Wang...? Diamond studded wedding gowns maybe?
2.gif

bogus

Rough_Rock
thanks so much for the info. I just purchased a 1.05 h&a vs2 g in color
solitare set in a 4 prong platinum setting at sams club and they work w/rosy blue they also supplied me w/ a igi cert. i took the ring to an appraiser and they verified what they could w/out taking the stone out. everything seems to be ok. boy the research you have to do is amazing.
i have learned so much but could still learn more.
thank you all for your thoughts and knowledge.
roni
9.gif
9.gif

bogus

Rough_Rock
in case anyony wanted to know i paid $5100 for my ring. i think that was
pretty good.
wacko.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results