shape
carat
color
clarity

Rosecut stacker set-- is it a keeper?

fel

Shiny_Rock
Long story here -- I bought a bubbly rosecut pear diamond, .69 carats, VS type, K-L in 2012 on DB (it was not so cheap even then). Then I realized I didn't like rosecuts unless they had a backer or foil, so I tried selling it for a few years with no takers. Finally I took it to a local bench to set in around 2017, with directions that she create a flat stacker with a white gold enclosed bottom that would act as a foil. There were a lot of miscommunications about what I wanted (she wasn't familiar with rose cuts, and kept asking if I was sure I wanted to mount the diamond upside down) and it didn't get started for a year or two. Then Covid happened and she stopped working, etc. A few times in the process I asked her to just return the diamond but then she had already put work into it and I would owe her the money, so I just let it slowly get completed. Well, I picked it up today.

The question on the table: is it a keeper or should I reset it again?

The good news is that the diamond looks fantastic with the "pseudofoil" backing.

The bad news is that I am not sure it is that comfortable as a stacker. I wanted it completely flat for some odd reason back when I commissioned it in 2017. Well now it is completely flat, as requested, and it needs to angle up to stack.

What do you all think?

rosecut-mounted4.jpeg rosecut-hand.jpg rosecut-flower.jpg

rosecut-mounted1.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I love it! Both the stone as well as the setting are beautiful and unique. And I love it as a stacker. I like the combo’s you shared in your pics. Very elegant.
However, what’s most important is that you love it. In my opinion it looks stunning on your hand.

fel

Shiny_Rock
Just to add -- when I bought the stone it was supposed to be faint pink. I didn't take that seriously, but now with the backer I do see some pink!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Long story here -- I bought a bubbly rosecut pear diamond, .69 carats, VS type, K-L in 2012 on DB (it was not so cheap even then). Then I realized I didn't like rosecuts unless they had a backer or foil, so I tried selling it for a few years with no takers. Finally I took it to a local bench to set in around 2017, with directions that she create a flat stacker with a white gold enclosed bottom that would act as a foil. There were a lot of miscommunications about what I wanted (she wasn't familiar with rose cuts, and kept asking if I was sure I wanted to mount the diamond upside down) and it didn't get started for a year or two. Then Covid happened and she stopped working, etc. A few times in the process I asked her to just return the diamond but then she had already put work into it and I would owe her the money, so I just let it slowly get completed. Well, I picked it up today.

The question on the table: is it a keeper or should I reset it again?

The good news is that the diamond looks fantastic with the "pseudofoil" backing.

The bad news is that I am not sure it is that comfortable as a stacker. I wanted it completely flat for some odd reason back when I commissioned it in 2017. Well now it is completely flat, as requested, and it needs to angle up to stack.

What do you all think?

rosecut-mounted4.jpeg rosecut-hand.jpg rosecut-flower.jpg

rosecut-mounted1.jpg

That's an awsome looking stack
so its a keeper from me

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to add -- when I bought the stone it was supposed to be faint pink. I didn't take that seriously, but now with the backer I do see some pink!

That is so cool! The pink thing… It is a stunner. I would to wear a ring like you have.

fel

Shiny_Rock
I looked it up and the diamond was originally from @OreoRosies86. Thank you! I am going to keep it! Really enjoying wearing it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results