shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose Gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I am looking at a rose gold ring and am curious if it might turn my finger green? Thank you.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
rose gold has copper in it....does copper turn you green? i am not an expert but it is my understanding that even yellow gold has copper in it.

i''m particularly fond of 18K red gold which is not nearly as pink as 14K........which means it doesn''t have as much copper.

peace, movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/28/2005 10:47:23 PM
Author: movie zombie
rose gold has copper in it....does copper turn you green? i am not an expert but it is my understanding that even yellow gold has copper in it.

Copper can turn green. Sterling silver contains copper and we know that it tarnishes. My rose gold never turned green. I suspect that rose gold contains too little copper to turn green. On the other hand, I cannot swear that no one''s rose gold (or pink gold or red gold) has turned green! Anyone else have any rose gold?

Deborah

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2005 11:21:21 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 12/28/2005 10:47:23 PM

Copper can turn green. Sterling silver contains copper and we know that it tarnishes. My rose gold never turned green. I suspect that rose gold contains too little copper to turn green. On the other hand, I cannot swear that no one''s rose gold (or pink gold or red gold) has turned green! Anyone else have any rose gold?

Deborah

if yellow gold doesn''t turn you green, red shouldn''t either but like deb says: CAN''T SWEAR TO IT! somewhere someone in the world has probably turned green........

i think the higher the karat of the gold the less copper you''d have. for instance, 10K gold is barely even gold [10 parts gold + 14 parts alloy] so in my thinking the chances of a reaction to any component in the alloy would be higher because the alloy content is higher. but it would be less as one increased the Karats:

14K gold = 14 parts gold + 10 parts alloy
18K gold = 18 parts gold + 6 parts alloy

but as in all things: LET THE BUYER BEWARE.

peace, movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2005 12:04:36 AM
i think the higher the karat of the gold the less copper you''d have. for instance, 10K gold is barely even gold [10 parts gold + 14 parts alloy] so in my thinking the chances of a reaction to any component in the alloy would be higher because the alloy content is higher. but it would be less as one increased the Karats:

14K gold = 14 parts gold + 10 parts alloy

18K gold = 18 parts gold + 6 parts alloy

I failed to say earlier in the thread, when you suggested that 18K rose gold might be preferable to 14K, that this makes sense to me. I don''t know if 14K rose gold actually ever turns green, but it seems logical that 18K would be less likely to do so.

Deb :)

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Ok now in respects to rose gold what does 18kp mean? Is this a clever way to say it is gold plated.
33.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
the owner of the store is holding the ring for me for a day.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Darn It I just called the jeweler and commented to buy the ring. The cost of the ring is under $100 dollars I just don''t like to be conned in the lest way!
29.gif
Also is most rose gold this cheap? I will post pics tomorrow when my friend can take a pic.
18.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
calm down!

18KP could stand for 18 karat pink....or 18 karat gold and platinum if two-toned [i''ve seen variations used in describing jewlery online by different jewelers]
or
see this: http://www.austinmetaldetectingclub.com/markings.htm which says "Gold (K= karat) (P= Plum) Plum is high quality (purity) when a P is on gold. (example 18KP)"

however, i think you are wise to want to verify with the jewler just what it means on this particular piece.

and always: anything that seems to be too good to be true usually is too good to be true. perhaps you have lucked onto a really good deal!

peace, movie zombie

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the ring can you believe I only paid $60 bucks! I always believe that in most cases if a piece of jewelry is that cheap its normally a piece of junk. However I surprised with this piece. Here is the pic it is set with a 8mm white sapphire and 18 k and the gold is more reddish than pink.
30.gif

sap_red.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
did the vendor clarify the 18KP?

peace, movie zombie

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Yes apparently it the ring originated in Ireland or England. The 18kp stands for karat plumb. It is just a different way of saying kt.
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is very pretty I am glad everything worked out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results