shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose gold question

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few weeks ago, a new poster posed the question about using an eternity for engagement. I responded how I've always like the idea, and then would match it would a nice solid band for the wedding ring. It's a look I've always thought was simply elegant.

I've since acquired a 7-stone band and want to create a similar look for myself!

I've been going back, forth, and around over the metal choice and the width of the band. I know I'm going to have to just give in and go to the mall and try on bands with my ring to see what I like. I'm leaning toward rose gold, but am unsure about the tone with my own coloring. And not sure what I will find at the mall, either. Do the chains (or smaller locals for that matter) even have rose available on site?

I know we're all different, with different tastes, but can if you are willing to share your opinion, what skin tones look best with rose vs. yellow gold?

Also, considering the above thoughts, does 18k vs 14k make a difference, particularly with rose gold?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have for me!

KK

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lurve rose gold! There is something so special about it. I have fair, pale skin with cool tones and I wear 14k rose. I think it looks good, but it does tend to blend into my skin sometimes. 18k will be more peachy while 14k will be more coppery rose.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I adore rose gold, too. The other day, my daughter and I had fun trying on a rose gold band. I am lighter skinned than her and not at all olive toned. She is slightly darker (but still not by much) with a little more olive tone. The rose gold band looked amazing on her but not that great on me. I prefer platinum, which kind of makes me sad as I LOVE rose gold. ;-) Wish I had taken pics now to show you the difference.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a medium complexion with yellow undertones. I don't wear rose gold because it tends to fade into my skin.

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
KaeKae|1455761195|3992390 said:
Also, considering the above thoughts, does 18k vs 14k make a difference, particularly with rose gold?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have for me!

KK
Hi - rose gold gets its colour from mixing gold and copper. 18k has more gold in the mixture, so requires less copper - so the colour is more of a rose/light pink. 14k has less gold and therefore requires more copper in the mix - so this colour can be a deeper pink/red colour. You might just want to check your vendors mix to confirm it's the colour/look you want.
Hope this helps

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
hi!

I have a 9 stone band and a plain band in red gold. Not the same as rose, but quite similar, and I love it!

Re the width I think you need to consider if you ever want to wear a solitaire or a third ring with the bands. My bands are 3 mm each and on my short fingers I feel it is impossible to add another ring and so I wear my solitaire as a RHR. Works perfectly fine for me, but may be something to consider for you. I have seen bands here on PS where the plain band is significantly thinner than the diamond band and this looks very pretty to me too, but I prefer the plain band to not look like a spacer... Its all a matter of personal taste!

Re rose vs yellow: I have a rather olive skin tone (I think) and my hands look green (?!) in yellow gold. I love platinum/white gold on others, but on me I think it looks rather blah. Red gold has always been my favorite, but may be hard to find in the US and so I'm of no help to you there... I think you simply have to wear the metals to see what you prefer. :)

Also, I agree with ADN. I think jewelers have different mixes of metals when it comes to rose (and red) gold and so if I were you I would visit several vendors to see what shade you prefer.

//aca :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results