shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose gold or yellow gold?

PrismBaby

Rough_Rock
Trade
I have too many customers asking this question, I know it comes down to personal preference but at the end of the day what would you wear on your finger/ankle/neck/pinky toe. Help me out :) ????

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too many shades/alloys of RG... YG is classic to me. [emoji4]

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...you will always be able to match YG.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would drape each metal over the patron's arm and suggest the color gold that suits their skin tone best.

PrismBaby

Rough_Rock
Trade
Beautiful ideas.. and at the same time, a block wall. I think it does come down to the skin complexion and the comfort-ness they feel. :appl: --- I find a bunch of people shy away towards those colors because they are trendy/in style. . .

I'm new don't judge.

PrismBaby

Rough_Rock
Trade
msop04|1462317468|4026809 said:
...you will always be able to match YG.

agreed, rose gold is all over the place.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tend to shy away from rose gold because it blends into my skin too much - if I'm paying for gold, I want to see it! Others like rose gold for that very reason - it makes their diamonds stand out more.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RG. I dunno why, I just dislike YG for rings. It screams 80s to me. I have no problem with YG for bracelets, necklaces, earrings etc. but I just do NOT like YG and diamond rings. A simple thin gold band is okay though.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Yellow gold! It is very flattering on my skin tone (I am very pale, natural redhead, but my undertones are warm) and it just looks so lush to me. I always have some yellow gold on somewhere. I also love yellow gold and white metals mixed together.

Rose gold varies too much for me. I do like a peachier-yellowish 18k, but 14k can often be too pink (which of course is what many love about it but I am not a pink person!) and either be almost too cool, or blend in too much. A little bit now and then is okay, but not everyday. Excepting a watch with a peachier rose gold plating, I have resold every rose gold piece I have had (all 14k) as I tired of them quickly and felt mixed about how they looked on me.

I agree it is best to lay pieces on your client's inner arm and see. Rose gold is so popular on Pinterest and so on right now, but I have seen more than a few people fall for a rose gold piece and realize once they had it that it did not work with their complexion.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whatever color looked best on my skintone.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yellow gold. It's warm on my skin. White gold makes me look green, rose gold fades into my skin. In real life I have never seen a rose gold ring on anyone.

molldoll64

Rough_Rock
i personally love the rose gold look :) but its really all about each individuals personal preferance and like a lot of people have already mentioned skin tone definatley comes into play.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree it really is what looks best on a persons skin tone. I wear all three and find that I gravitate towards one or the other depending on the time of year. In summer when I have some color on my hands, I love to wear yellow gold. In the winter, when I'm pale, I find I wear white or rose. So again, to me, it is all about skin tone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results