shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose gold Barbara pendant with white gold chain?

lucyruth

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,
I bought a loose oec diamond on a whim... And I'm thinking of putting it in a pendant! The general fav around here seems to be for the BGD Barbara for oecs (with mille-graining!).

What do you think about the rose gold bezel with a white gold cable or wheat chain? I'm not sure I love the wg bezel, and I've got a pearl in 22k yg that I already wear all the time on a yg rope chain. Plus I have white gold chains sitting around here so could potentially save a few dollars there.

The wheat is a 16" though and I worry about it sitting in the neck hollow. I had a fat/thick bezel once upon a time on this chain and it was always flipping. The cable chain I have is heavier, but I wonder if it'll be too heavy to slide with the Barbara?

I'm not actually sure I'd like all rose gold, that is, chain and all.

Any suggestions? Will attach pics of the stone when I can. It's about a 5.75mm round oec, looks really clear, not too much color.

Thanks!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a personal decision, but to my eye it wouldn't look right to mix metals. JMHO.

I don't own a Barbara pendant, but I've read a lot about them here in my fleeting quest to get one myself. :) Some people have problems with Barbara's flipping, others don't. And I seem to remember somewhere reading that the space on the back is not big enough to allow the ring on the end of a chain to pass through, essentially making it a permanent structure on whatever chain it is put on. I think that may vary by the size of the stone (the bigger the stone, the more space between the struts), but I'd call BG and ask them about the particulars n your size stone.

I love the Barbara pendant - I hope you go for it!

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the idea. I have a rose pink bezel and think it would look lovely with a white gold chain. I've seen this before (not with the Barbara but with other jewelry) and the contrast can be beautiful.

The Barbara isn't attached, correct? Maybe you can return the chain for a rose gold one if you don't like the look?

ETA: I love the Barbara too and I really don't think you can go wrong either way- it's a simple, classic and beautiful choice.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Personal preference, but I love white and rose together! I am biased, cause I wear platinum and rose together as my wedding set, so make of that what you will. But I think the contrast really sets the rose gold off and makes it pop.

lucyruth

Shiny_Rock
The more I think about it, it's the pop of the rg bezel I think I would like! I think the rg chain with it would be too matchy for me... I guess I can't picture this stone in rg though. I'll try to view it on white paper to see what the undertone is.

From reading some reviews I already figured I'd send the chain in with the stone. Plan on it being somewhat permanent.

The stone is about 4mm deep, so a pretty deep oec. I think either chain should work. So now I need to decide 16" wheat or 18" cable. I'm thinking the wheat is more modern than I'm after. I think. Plus this stone out to be big enough to sit well on an 18"? I have a .57 diamond on it now in a basket setting and it feels too small for the chain, iykwim.

Would love to get some pics of the stone up here but the sun is setting. Maybe tomorrow! It has a little crud on the back of it so I'm soaking it in jewelry cleaner. Tossed my ultrasonic out in a fit the other day. Wishing now I had it!

Thanks for the input, will update!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a .55 round brilliant in the Barbra and it didn't flip on me at all. I think mine was 18" though. I like the RG/WG combo, I'd go for it!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I am actually debating doing the opposite as you! White gold pendant with a rose gold chain :bigsmile: I think it sounds cool, will have a floating type of effect. Please post pictures if you do it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results