shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose garnet from All That Glitters

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Hello all!

I don''t post much but I lurk a lot, and I wanted to share the 1.42ct rose garnet I just received today from atggems. Of course the pics aren''t very good; I couldn''t capture how really pretty and sparkly it is, and the sun played a wee bit of hide and seek as well :razz:

RC1001.jpg

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Another

RC1002.jpg

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Last one :)

RC1003.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
OOOH! What are your plans for it?

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I''d like to send it to OneGarnetGirl on Etsy, to set in a rose gold bezel......I know the stone doesn''t look too impressive right now but I promise it''s so sparkly!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty stone. Love the color.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Do you think a bezel will darken it too much?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find that garnets tend to be very difficult to photograph, especially those in the green, orange or red family (might as well be all of them, right??!!). I'm sure it will be a lovely ring. It sounds like you have some great plans for it, and I love the idea of rose gold. However, I do concur with Cinnamon's concerns that a bezel might make it too dark. How about a rose gold prong setting with a very open gallery.

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I hadn''t thought of a bezel being too dark - hmmm, prong set then, and definitely rose gold.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 11:21:08 AM
Author: weegem

Thanks everyone! I hadn't thought of a bezel being too dark - hmmm, prong set then, and definitely rose gold.
Now this is sounding interesting! Can't wait to see what ideas you come up with!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice looking stone. Congrats!!

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I''ll update when I do set it. Might be a wee while though, as I''m sending Heart of Water Jewels my sleepy pear-shape orange garnet to be set in their pillbox setting. Can''t wait for that!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh, such a nice looking color.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Weegem, what a beautiful stone!

I hate to bring the topc off track, but did you ever post a pic of your emerald cut ring? My sister and I are sitting here browsing PS, and she loves your EW EC!!!!!!

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks! and no I never have posted my EC. I''ll take pics tomorrow (hopefully the sun will be out) and start a new thread. But as a teaser, the diamond is 1.41ct from Whiteflash, and the setting is 18k yg and 18k white gold, by Broughton-Stuart Jewellery, a goldsmith in a wee village called Dunkeld here in Scotland. I LOVE it!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty garnet!

And I am w/ Lauren, we need more photos of your emerald cut
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2009 11:14:09 AM

I''d like to send it to OneGarnetGirl on Etsy, to set in a rose gold bezel......I know the stone doesn''t look too impressive right now but I promise it''s so sparkly!
I can see some pink peeking through in the side view picture. Rose gold is a must but I would do an open setting since it appears the garnet is a little dark.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I really love the colour. Can''t wait to see it set.
Your ering is a beauty too!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for showing your lovely stone. What is a Rose Garnet? Is it the same as Gypsy Rose garnet from John Dyer?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I like the idea for rose gold with an open basket prong setting.

Adah

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful stone!

I second the above posters suggestions for a rose gold setting - a lovely combination I think.
1.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely and I love the colour!

stacy

Shiny_Rock
I love your garnet. I love darker-toned stones. And I adore your e-ring. That is my dream stone! Heck -- I think the setting is ideal too.

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you thank you thank you all!
9.gif

Klewis, I think Rose is just another name for rhodolite.....I think, lol!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 3:05:43 AM

Thank you thank you thank you all!
9.gif

Klewis, I think Rose is just another name for rhodolite.....I think, lol!

Thanks weegem. I have been considering buying a Gypsy Rose garnet, it looks great in the photos yet haven''t heard anyone mention it before.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME COLOR.....I can''t wait to see how you set this beauty!!!
30.gif

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results