shape
carat
color
clarity

rookie needs help with studs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BigOrangeRidingHood

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for 2 diamonds to have put in yellow gold stud earrings.
.75-.90 total weight with fairly evenly matched stones. These don't have to be certified stones.
Color no less than I-J depending on how conservative the grading is.
Clarity no less than SI2 again I don't want a generous evaluation of what others might call I1 stones.
I'm basically looking for something that's going to look nice in a set of studs. I know diamonds in earrings don't have to be perfect since nobody will be looking at them that closely but I also don't want the I1-I3 stones that you so often find in studs from some places like what you would find at a mall store.
If you just want to tell me a price range of what I'm looking at then that will help or if you want to recommend a good merchant then that will be great also. I'm just starting to look around.email [email protected] or post reply to boardTHanks!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
[FONT=Verdana,]quote:[/FONT]
Originally posted by BigOrangeRidingHood:
If you just want to tell me a price range of what I'm looking at then that will help or if you want to recommend a good merchant then that will be great also. I'm just starting to look around.email [email protected] or post reply to boardTHanks!
Hi,Where are you in SC? I can recommend Steve Livingston at Dems Jewelers in Columbia. www.demsjewelers.com . Take a trip there and then you can see what you like. He can try to find matched pairs that meet your request.Don't forget, diamond cut is the most important factor in terms of beauty whether the diamonds are for a ring, pendant or earrings. Happy shopping
smile.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
My husband traveled 3 hours from the coast to buy from Steve L and would do it again in a heartbeat.
smile.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Garry.
redface.gif
My husband is actually a giant with a very slow heart rate.
wink.gif
Also a pilot and major aviation fanatic. We cheat and fly to Columbia, so the trip is really only 1-1 1/2 hours total travel time.
smile.gif

BigOrangeRidingHood

Rough_Rock
lawmax: I'm in the Greenville/Spartanburg area of SC - about 90 minutes from Columbia but thanks for the link.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
the world travel record is 22km in 12 seconds.that is a very slow heart beat for that journey, but then Allison, after meeting you I can understand why you husband would travel to the ends of the earth for you.
Keep up your nice helpfull work.garry
PS that was the 4 meter wing span scramjet with the tungsten nose cone that did 22km in 12 seconds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results