shape
carat
color
clarity

Romancing the ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jszweda

Shiny_Rock
Hi all. :)

I put a post up a while back about some stuff I personally designed, and I said I would put pics up. There were some revisions that had to be made that weren''t to my specifications, so I waited. I put a copyright on the piece because most of the jewelers my way said they couldn''t do it, never got back to me, etc. My father had a mishap on something once in which the jeweler loved it so much, they put a copyright on his design and made a fortune off it. So just to clear anything up, I am the author of the work, and therefore it is not illegal content.

OK. Enough of that. I just had the woman doing this on CAD/CAM to round the bottom of the sizing bar a bit more, and then she is going to mill out some wax models. It''s going to be put together in a few pieces. There are some other details that aren''t shown because the finishes have to be done by hand as some of you may already know. I wish I had a scanner to show you the original picture.

Everything in there is real, and those white stones aren''t diamonds. They are calibrated natural white sapphires, IF. The centerstone is also IF under 10x also. If they were diamonds, for the same color and clarity, even at wholesale they would be a fortune. The entity that is fabricating it does manufacturing, and they deal with the general public for around what wholesale would be from dealer to vendor.

The head ended up being modified from what I had in mind, but it''s closer than previous versions from the fabricator were like. The woman doing that CAD/CAM had it very close to where it needed to be the first go around which really impressed the hell out of me. The profile, rope, shank/sizing bar is white gold-not plated. The raised releif is going to be yellow gold. There is going to be some engraving along the profile to put in some viens, and there is going to be some finishing work on the channel. I am thinking of having them do a heavy sand cast or florentine finish, and then polish off the releif. There may be an undergallery in there. I wasn''t planning on it, but it may end up needing one.

I may never have the chance to do something like this for a very long time, so I am kinda savoring the moments. If I could do this sort of thing for a living, I''d say the hell with computers in a heartbeat if I knew I could pull it off.

~Enjoy

baroque belissimo final.JPG

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is really interesting. What is the center stone? What are the symbols on the bottom?

jszweda

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/31/2006 2:30:32 PM
Author: devientdrow
Wow that is really interesting. What is the center stone? What are the symbols on the bottom?

The centerstone is a spessertite/mandarin/whatever you want to call it. I will tell you something interesting about that too when that stone went to the fabricator.

Though it does have a window, in their lighting, you couldn''t tell. That amazed me. Though it''s origin is Madagascar, I had somethng to compare it too. The fabricator had a very large stone of like kind that was about the size of a soda cap. It was a portugueese round, and it looked incredibly familiar to something I have seen on a certain network. Where they got it from, who knows. Their rock looked like it was from either Nigeria or Brazil. The one they have is a tad darker , and it wasn''t quite as saturated.

As for the symbolism, there isn''t any. It was simply a creation of mine that I thought worked. I was trying to figure out forever what to do. So I rendered a generic model out in AutoCAD, and then I hand filled in what I thought looked right.

There is another design of mine in the works too that is being cloned over 2 rings. One is a past present and future design with some Columbian emeralds, and the other is going to be a modified head with the same patterns and engraving. That one will have a 2 carat canary yellow sapphire with 2 box mounted accent stones.

-joe

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
NNNIIIIICCCCEEEEE VERY NNNNIIIIICCCCCEEEEE!!!! LLLOOOVVVEE THE STONE!!! And the Ring is amazing !!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous design. Truly beautiful!!

jszweda

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/31/2006 8:53:45 PM
Author: MINE!!
NNNIIIIICCCCEEEEE VERY NNNNIIIIICCCCCEEEEE!!!! LLLOOOVVVEE THE STONE!!! And the Ring is amazing !!
Thanks.
emsmile.gif
I am anxious to see the end result.

jszweda

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/31/2006 9:15:39 PM
Author: FireGoddess
What a gorgeous design. Truly beautiful!!
Thanks. I am glad you enjoy it. I saw a messed up version of the profile from the milling machine. The part that was right...whoa...
emsmiled.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
How fun that you are able to do it at least once or twice! It''s very nice and I like the choice of stones.

jszweda

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/4/2006 10:26:29 AM
Author: lumpkin
How fun that you are able to do it at least once or twice! It''s very nice and I like the choice of stones.
Thanks. :) There is one other design that is an antique style mount that I came up with that is being done. One is has 3 smaller emeralds, and the other with a 2 carat canary yellow sapphire. Actually the color is more like a lemon yellow than canary if you really want to get picky about it.

The next time I do anything like this, it''s either going to be professionally, or for whenever I find a woman that will put up with me who I want to marry. LOL. When that day comes, look out. That will be at least as intricate whenever that day comes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results