shape
carat
color
clarity

Rollingring.com Rolling Ring Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

audball

Ideal_Rock
I am going to be getting a rolling ring from rollingring.com but I'm torn on which to choose and I'm looking for opinions. I'm going to go with all yellow gold (14k or 18k yet to be decided), but I'm torn between the 3 band 3mm bands or the 6 band 2mm bands. Seen here and here respectively (except the second link is showing tri color, I'm going for all yellow gold). I like the idea of the thinner bands as I tend to prefer a more delicate look, but I was deterred from the 'thin' design (3 bands of 2mm each) because some PSers had commented in older threads that it seemed flatter and not as flowy. I want flowy, but I like the delicate look of the 2mm, so I was thinking the 6 band 2mm may be the answer. Thoughts? I like the idea of multiple bands, but I can't make up my mind!! Help! Anyone have the 6 band 2mm rolling ring? I'm about a size 6 if that helps. I definitely want my rolling ring to roll...haha.

Thanks!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Its so funny you mention this audball - ive been lusting after one of these for a little while now, and im thinking about getting one in March (as a belated xmas gift!).

Well as for your decision. I personally would go for the 3 band. The 6 band doesnt look too delicate at all to me, i think because they''re kinda stuck together (am i right about this or is it just the photography?!). Plus its not the ''classic'' rolling ring look you know? Perhaps the thicker bandwidth in the 3 band would be better?

That said, that''s just my personal preference and i dont doubt whichever one you pick will look lovely
36.gif
and i demand pics
31.gif

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
What a fun choice to have!

I much prefer the simplicity of the 3 band ring - especialy if you want a more delicate look (they have a thin 3-ring which would be even more delicate!).

I find the 6 band quite busy and not as visualy clean - it could be mistaken for a ropework style non-rolling ring

Pick which ever one you like the best :)

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
HopeDream said what i was clumsily trying to - the 6 band doesnt necessarily look like a rolling ring
21.gif

audball

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...that''s what I was worried about. I like the 2mm 3 band but I''m afraid it isn''t substantial enough, you know? I wish I could see them in person first!

choyoyo

Rough_Rock
From other threads, I think the 3 band-2 mm rolling ring will be equivalent to a 5 mm ring on your finger, so I think this is plenty substantial.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a rolling ring from that site a couple years ago, loved it. Great service, great quality, etc. Hope your experience is just as wonderful.

I vote for a 2mm, 3 band ring. Also, they run big so I would order a 5.5 since you typically wear a 6.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmmm.. Super Cute!!! another vote for the 3 2mm band

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I have the 3 2mm one and it''s perfect if you want to wear it with another ring. On it''s own, it''s not very substanial. If you''re going to be wearing it alone, the thicker 3 3mm band or the 6 2mm bands would work better i think. But again, if it''s for stacking purposes or to be worn with an e-ring, i''m thinking the 3 2mm bands.

The bands don''t look the total mm value of the ring because they kind stack on top of eachother (they cross over eachother). so even if you''d get the 6 2mm bands, it won''t look like a 12mm band on your finger.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 11:18:17 AM
Author: elle_chris
I have the 3 2mm one and it''s perfect if you want to wear it with another ring. On it''s own, it''s not very substanial. If you''re going to be wearing it alone, the thicker 3 3mm band or the 6 2mm bands would work better i think. But again, if it''s for stacking purposes or to be worn with an e-ring, i''m thinking the 3 2mm bands.

The bands don''t look the total mm value of the ring because they kind stack on top of eachother (they cross over eachother). so even if you''d get the 6 2mm bands, it won''t look like a 12mm band on your finger.
Right, this would be a stand alone ring. I think I may go for the 6 2mm band and exchange it if it doesn''t feel flowy enough...

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
hi audball
35.gif
just checking in to see if you''ve got your rolling ring yet - cant wait to see pics
36.gif

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Which one of these most closely resembles the Cartier tri-color rings in terms of thickness? The "medium" ring?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2009 7:45:46 PM
Author: Blackpaw
hi audball
35.gif
just checking in to see if you''ve got your rolling ring yet - cant wait to see pics
36.gif
Not yet...I have a decision to make. I can either put off said project until November and get a 5th anniversary new gemstone ring...or get this now...I''m torn. Looking around at stones to see what''s available and trying to get inspired.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 5:24:09 PM
Author: Gleam
Which one of these most closely resembles the Cartier tri-color rings in terms of thickness? The ''medium'' ring?
Yes, the "medium" ring most closely resembles Cartier''s version.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
that''s a tough decision...but at least its a fun decision to have to make
3.gif

id probably think about what you would get more wear out of? i dont wear much jewelery on a day to day basis, and im bad at switching up what i wear, so i think id get more wear out of the rolling ring...

but then a gemstone ring to celebrate a milestone would be lovely
9.gif
or you could get a blingy rolling ring?

yes i envy your dilemma
36.gif
9.gif

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 1:16:34 AM
Author: Blackpaw
that''s a tough decision...but at least its a fun decision to have to make
3.gif

id probably think about what you would get more wear out of? i dont wear much jewelery on a day to day basis, and im bad at switching up what i wear, so i think id get more wear out of the rolling ring...

but then a gemstone ring to celebrate a milestone would be lovely
9.gif
or you could get a blingy rolling ring?

yes i envy your dilemma
36.gif
9.gif
Thanks! I know....I''m looking at some spinels and garnets over in Colored Stones....oh the decision...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results