shape
carat
color
clarity

Rolex Questions

Trasid1

Rough_Rock
Hello All: I found a vintage Rolex that the seller states is an "original Rolex" but has a Case Material - stainless steel with custom added diamonds on the lugs and a Bezel Material - stainless steel with 1.3 carat of diamonds custom added. Does this mean the watch is not really original? Is this something I should stay away from?

Please share your thoughts.

Trasid1

Rough_Rock
Will do. Thanks!

Landen

Rough_Rock
What was the price of that Rolex? Is it new or used? There are plenty of models that have stainless steel cases.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Hello All: I found a vintage Rolex that the seller states is an "original Rolex" but has a Case Material - stainless steel with custom added diamonds on the lugs and a Bezel Material - stainless steel with 1.3 carat of diamonds custom added. Does this mean the watch is not really original? Is this something I should stay away from?

Please share your thoughts.
That's an "original" Rolex movement with an "upgraded" case... Only, Rolex does not consider that an upgrade but actually a downgrade (in value). Sorry.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, while it is common for Rolex watches to have "aftermarket" upgrades, they are what they are, not original. If you are buying the watch to wear and enjoy, fine, but its not easy to sell/ resell a Rolex that is tampered with AND Rolex will not service any Watch with any aftermarket additions be it diamonds added to the dial or bezel or non Rolex watchband. Obviously any decent watchmaker can service a Rolex but the problem arises if you need parts. Rolex now only distributes parts to their own service centres so outside watchmakers can't get parts, which can be a problem. So as long as the price is fair (check eBay past sales for a guide) and you're happy with the restrictions/ problems that an "unoriginal" rolex might cause, go ahead.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results