shape
carat
color
clarity

Rolex Lady Datejust - Please help me choose!

I am conflicted on which Rolex Lady Datejust model

• [Option1] Buy now, get the model with roman numerals with a large VI set with diamonds

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • [Option2] Continue to wait for the model with just diamonds, no roman numerals

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

rae-

Rough_Rock
Dear all,

I have just been offered option 1 (roman numerals with a large VI set with diamonds) by my SA after a few months on the waiting list.
I was initially put on waitlist for option 2 (just diamonds, no roman numerals) and didn't consider option 1 until now (just because it didn't occur to me) but now I feel like option 1 looks equally nice beside option 2.

I am conflicted as I thought I wanted option 2 and now looking at it again I feel like option 1 seems a tad more elegant with the roman numerals and less common than option 2? I have a preference for something less common, where possible, please correct me if I'm wrong!

Note: Both are Oyster Perpetual Datejust 31 in Oystersteel, white gold with pink dial and Jubilee bracelet.

Thank you in advance for your opinions =)2

[Option 1] Roman numerals with a large VI set with diamonds

Option 1.png

[Option 2] Just diamonds, no roman numerals

Option 2.png

Last edited:

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just diamonds for me. I love the extra bling. It’s a classy and timeless beauty. And it’s the one you really want. Wait it will be worth it

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally prefer no 2.
Something to keep in mind though is that you can purchase a different “face” if your taste changes.
My vintage Rolex had a gold face, I wanted a purple one with diamonds.
C218A286-D69F-4AE4-916D-50461A3A50F6.jpeg

rae-

Rough_Rock
I personally prefer no 2.
Something to keep in mind though is that you can purchase a different “face” if your taste changes.
My vintage Rolex had a gold face, I wanted a purple one with diamonds.
C218A286-D69F-4AE4-916D-50461A3A50F6.jpeg

Thank you @Bron357 , the watch looks beautiful on you!
Wasn’t aware that the face can be changed and a great reminder that taste may change with time too.
So glad I posted here to ask for opinions. =)2

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The watch does not need diamonds but of the two, I prefer the second one. Looks like the "classic."

I would keep the original dial -- or at least stick with an OE dial.

Spouse wears a petite quartz Omega diver. I always try to fix the date but she says "Don't bother; I can't read it anyway!"

m51galaxy

Shiny_Rock
I like option 1 with the roman numerals. I have a 26mm Datejust with diamonds. I've been wanting a 28 or 31 with the roman numerals.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I am usually not a fan of Rolex Roman dial but this new diamond set VI dial really changes my mind. Just a little extra but mighty enough to make it beautifully unique (( love love love)) ->my smilies don’t work :(

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love those and I love both the Roman numerals and the diamonds. I think it’s your choice.

How bad do you want the diamond? If you want them, I think you should wait.

How long were you on the list? Is a few months like 3 months? I’m curious because DH is about 2 weeks on the list.

rae-

Rough_Rock
I like option 1 with the roman numerals. I have a 26mm Datejust with diamonds. I've been wanting a 28 or 31 with the roman numerals.

Thanks @m51galaxy ! I was previously wondering about sizes, if you could choose again, would you stick with 26mm as your first?

rae-

Rough_Rock
I am usually not a fan of Rolex Roman dial but this new diamond set VI dial really changes my mind. Just a little extra but mighty enough to make it beautifully unique (( love love love)) ->my smilies don’t work :(

Thanks @lucida818 ! Exactly my sentiments actually and you have described it so well, I am not usually a fan of rolex roman numerals too but this little extra something feels more unique and looks better compared to the usual plain roman dial (in my humble opinion) =)2

rae-

Rough_Rock
I love those and I love both the Roman numerals and the diamonds. I think it’s your choice.

How bad do you want the diamond? If you want them, I think you should wait.

How long were you on the list? Is a few months like 3 months? I’m curious because DH is about 2 weeks on the list.

Thanks @whitewave ! So I thought I only wanted the diamond version (which I felt was less common compared to the usual solely stick or roman dials), but somehow this roman numerals with VI diamond feels more unique to me, if that makes sense? Though I wonder if I would subsequently prefer more diamonds with age, I'm in my early thirties now.

I was on the list for about 3 months (since Nov/Dec 2021). I actually went to a few different ADs to register my interest, a friend of mine told me to do so as it likely increases the chances of getting offered within a shorter time frame. Hope your DH gets a call soon!

rae-

Rough_Rock
Dear all,

A big thank you for all your advices/opinions!!

I finally went to the AD today to see option 1 (roman numerals with a large VI set with diamonds) in person, I actually visited a second hand rolex store beforehand, thankfully they had a good selection for comparison. I saw darker dials and lighter dials, with and without diamond markers, they also happen to have option 1 as well (but selling at a significant premium! :eek2:).

All in all, I was able to put the watches on and compare them/see it for myself (a pity I didn't manage to take photos) and came to the conclusion that option 1 stood out when put beside option 2 (just diamonds, no roman numerals) because of the nice contrast between the roman numerals and the pink dial plus the presence of the large VI set with diamonds being a little something special.

Here are some photos I have just taken with my poor photography skills :P2

2ee3a444-6c39-4f39-be24-c1e6f329d97e.jpg

1ccbf617-7034-40c8-8a4b-33cb0fb22147.jpg

87dc30ed-034f-43e4-a1ec-e3bbfdf4718f.jpg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
It’s a beautiful watch!! That’s great you were able to see and try on many watches so you know for sure this is the one! I think it looks perfect on you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results