shape
carat
color
clarity

Rolex Datejust 31 TT ever rose

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone ,

Last week, My husband and I created a wishlist at the Rolex AD and I tried on a Datejust 31 jubilee with fluted bezel in two tone with rose and steel , silver face with diamond markers. I had put yellow gold two tone on my wishlist because I figured it’s a classic and won’t go out of style. I really did love the rose gold and how subtle and pale the color was but I’m not sure how long rose gold will be relevant and I want to wear it for a long time and pass it on to my daughter . Also, my rings are platinum and white gold and on my right hand I wear a yellow gold Cartier love , so it would be some metal mixing .

The watch was reserved for someone else but yesterday I followed up and that other client is out of the country so it’s now on hold for me. My birthday is in September and we were hoping to get something by then and this just fell into our laps. I’m so conflicted, I do love it just worried about the practicality of rose gold. The dial, diamonds , everything else is perfect. My husband prefers the rose gold on my skin tone. I also own a stainless steel Cartier tank. We’ve been to a few locations and they have all said a datejust in 2 tone yellow gold with MOP or silver dial would be a long wait. If I’m honest with myself, I like the look of either gold , both are beautiful, just the other factors of mixing metals and rose gold being a trend are making me hesitate. I do also feel really lucky to have gotten it with a wait really . Thanks in advance for your help.

I’ve posted the watch below and a 28mm yellow gold for comparison. any input would be appreciated IMG_7721.jpeg IMG_7717.jpeg

m51galaxy

Shiny_Rock
The rose gold does look lovely on your skin. I mix metals. It is a beautiful watch.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
The rose gold looks beautiful on your skin color. I like it even more than the yellow! It’s a big purchase, so I can understand your indecision….

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
Thank you. My husband says to just get what you like but with such a huge purchase, I can’t help but think about what will hold value better

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have this exact watch and so am very biased but I say go for it! I previously had a two tone 26" yellow and steel version and over the years I noticed that yellow gold kind of jarred with my skin tone. So when I realised I needed to go for a bigger dial I chose the rose gold and have not regretted it. I have had mine for a few years and dont think its a trend - rolex has done rose gold versions for years, and I expect they will continue to do so. The rolex rose gold is a beautiful colour and can be worn with white, rose or yellow metals.

However I am now a rose gold convert and have tended towards buying new items in rose or white metals because they look better on my skin. I still wear some of my yellow gold pieces though as well and dont think its a clash.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I like the subtlety of the rose. It's a more sophisticated look to me, personally. The softness of tone makes it versatile. Less contrast. It suits you. Have you tried it with your Love/rings at full complement to see how they harmonize and if you like the look? Will you wear them together? If so, you'll need to see it.

If you're going to wear it for decades, go with what looks best on you. In the end, it's still a Rolex.

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
Yes , I wore my rings and I didn’t feel like it clashed. My love bracelet I’m wearing on the other hand anyway. I always felt like rose gold wouldn’t work on my skin tone but I felt like this worked

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
I forgot to update this thread ! We ended up buying it! I’m going to wait a few months to wear it so we can save it for a milestone birthday and anniversary gift. i am super happy with it and think it’s so beautiful, now that i got over my hangups about value etc. interestingly enough , I also haven’t gotten a call from any of the other ADs for the watch I had initially submitted interest for.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results