shape
carat
color
clarity

ROLEX 18K Pearlmaster with diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
We went to New York this weekend to see a show and we were early for dinner. We had some time to kill and my hubby was interested in a watch for himself, and so I suggested we walk into Tourneau. We were looking at Pateks and there was one watch he likes and apparently there is a 4 year wait list for a watch that just came out...so we passed by over to the Rolex section. He was looking at some stuff and I got a bit bored and so I was looking at the women''s watches. I neer really loved the typical Rolex, from my high school days, which was the small two toned presidential with a dark face...it just was not my style at all. Then a couple years ago we were in St. Barts and I got an all stainless mid size Rolex, with a flat bracelet and smooth bezel, and a pink gold face. I really like it, it is casual and just right for me. Anyway, I asked to try on the 34mm (midsize?) ladies white gold pearlmaster with the two rows of pave around the bezel and the mother of pearl dial with diamond markers. It was gorgeous and I joked to my hubby, if you want to get me a little holiday gift feel free! So, as he was discussing the watches he liked with the sales guy, I took the watch off and put it on the tray, and wandered around a bit. Next thing I know, I look over at my husband and see him handing over his credit card. I walk back over and ask, which did you get? He tells me all of them, but I still think he is completely kidding. Then the guy comes out to size it, and I am so shocked I cannot even respond! He had them sent since we were going right to dinner and the theater and had no place to put them, so I do not have it yet. I am really excited but it is such an extravagant gift and I a bit nervous about it...it is heavy and substantial and I love it, and did not expect it at all...which I think is what he liked!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, it sounds gorgeous! Extra points for hubby! What a sweetie! Will you be able to post pics...soon...please???

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is shipping from New York so I assume it will appear in his office this week. He is teasing that he will hold it hostage til I deserve it, haha. Funny thing is he got me a birthday/holiday gift...and then he says he kind of forgot since he got it a while ago...but then he said he just liked that I was really not expecting it at all. I wish I could post a stock Rolex photo in the meantime...

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
How exciting for you Diamondfan! I love the look of the Pearlmaster and can''t wait to see a picture!!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Sounds tres yummy and I can''t wait for some pics! Your DH is a sweetie!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see it in person and try it on!!!!!
31.gif
I love this story, like how lucky are you??? He better not hold it hostage!!!!
11.gif
3.gif
Guess I''ll have to wait until after the holidays!!! Wear it in good health, and happy birthday too!!!
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2006 11:24:44 PM
Author: Sundial
How exciting for you Diamondfan! I love the look of the Pearlmaster and can''t wait to see a picture!!!

I had never really looked at them. I just was sort of anti Rolex for some reason, just a bad association with them, and never really investigated it. I like the Pearlmaster, just cannot decide if it is too casual to be dressy and too dressy to be casual...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you...I think it will dwarf your tiny wrist! Thanks for the birthday wishes...41, ugghhhh

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2006 11:50:53 PM
Author: diamondfan

Date: 12/12/2006 11:24:44 PM
Author: Sundial
How exciting for you Diamondfan! I love the look of the Pearlmaster and can't wait to see a picture!!!

I had never really looked at them. I just was sort of anti Rolex for some reason, just a bad association with them, and never really investigated it. I like the Pearlmaster, just cannot decide if it is too casual to be dressy and too dressy to be casual...
DF it is "just right"!!! That gorgeous watch could never be out of place anywhere. And happy birthday wishes to you!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
how fun df!
is this it?

rolexdiamondpearl.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Belle, I got the white gold, and the bracelet has no diamonds...it is the 34 mm...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow DF what a great spontaneous gift! I don''t think it will be too casual to be dressy OR to dressy to be casual--I bet it will work great with everything!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 11:35:09 AM
Thanks Belle, I got the white gold, and the bracelet has no diamonds...it is the 34 mm...
i couldn''t find any with 2 rows of pave'' around the bezel, so i took a stab at it with 2 rows of diamonds on the bracelet.
37.gif

is it on the rolex site? if you know of a pic and have a link, i would be happy to post the pic.
i love that 31mm with the white and pink gold
3.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
which one is that?

I htink there is one on an ebay auction. Mine has the two rows of pave which in the white gold only came on the 34 mm. It has a mother of pearl dial and diamond markers. I found a couple of similar ones on ebay, but not the exact one. I actually like the one row of diamonds, but I like the bigger sized watch, and did not want yellow gold...so this was the only combo that there was. I have a really pretty dressy watch in yellow that is more dainty, and I wear more white gold, so even though I loved the one row of stones around the bezel, I really wanted to have the size so it had more heft on my wrist as oppsed to being a daintier dressier look if that makes sense...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I love it. I started looking at Rolex a year or so ago, but before that I had a block about them.
DF''s watch is exactly what I would want.

Here in Texas lots of new money oil people would buy a diamond encrusted Rolex to show off, it
sorta became a symbol of your new found success. (mostly years ago though) Nothing wrong with that. But it was like follow the leader, one would do it, then the other. I say look at Patek and some of the other gorgeous selections.

But back to this watch, this is the first Rolex I have ever liked. I have girlfiends that wear Rolex and theirs, while quite nice,
is like all the others. So, DF good for you for selecting one that is different. (in my world, at least) Please post pics. I know your holiday schedule is busy, but we want to see it on your wrist. That is if your DH doesn''t hold off too long !!!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
DF, is this one close?

rolexredo80.JPG

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I kinda like this one too!

ot-2728erolexann.JPG

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ann, the first one is similarbut the diamonds only go around the bezel and not up the sides.

I too like that it is different, the typical Rolex is just not my style, so this is great. It is just quite a serious thing, and I did not really do my typical "due diligence" and obsessive analyzing and so when he just surprised me I was shocked. Maybe it is best not to over think some of these things...but I am very excited about it!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! It will be very easy to get used to wearing a biggger watch
2.gif
. What show did you see?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jersey Boys which was awesome....

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I highly recommend it, it is about Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, how they came together etc...Music is GREAT (I did not realize how many hits he and the group had)...a lot of fun! Really worth it imho...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
ohhh....I can''t wait to see it!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too! I have no idea if it is here yet, it is shipping NY to Philly which should not take long, and I am hoping he gives it to me for Chanukah which starts tomorrow night. I have to call our insurance company to add them so I need to have the paperwork. My birthday is next week so maybe he is waiting til then, but I am not sure...I am anxious to see it again!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw Jersey Boys last time I was in NY - it''s a great show.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really liked it to, and thought the music was great...bought the cd for the show we enjoyed it so much!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tonight was the first night of Hanukah and I got my watch, he held onto it all week long and was teasing me up til the last minute!!! It is blingy and I love it, it is large and the mother of pearl dial is very soft looking...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I knew you'd get it tonight!!!!! So happy for you!!! Wear it in good health!!! Happy Hanukah!!! I can't wait to see it after the holidays!!!
36.gif
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! We did okay this year I think!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 10:51:29 PM
Thanks! We did okay this year I think!
Yessy we did, LOL!!! Here''s to 2007 !!! Have you made your list yet????
31.gif
31.gif
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results