carat
color
clarity

Rockdiamond's Lauren

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I wanted to let you know I have been thinking of you, Lauren and her husband. I do not want you to think I do not care and worry about your daughter and her husband who are caught in the horror of the past weeks events. Your Lauren is far more important than my politics and I want you to know that. As a father you must be going through hell worrying about what will come next. She is grown=up, but she will always be your child.

I am wishing for a swift end to this mess, and for Lauren and her husband to be safe. I also wish you and your wife and boys to stay strong if you can. If not help each other.

I hope you were not too dismayed over the thread that has since been closed. Lauren and her safe return is the most important.
I will continue to think of you and you family.

Annette

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can’t express how touched I am by your post @smitcompton, and the many people who've expressed concern.
She and her family are safe at this time. As safe as any of us.
I’ve sent her a link to this thread- I know she’ll be grateful.
Without opening up the hornet's nest of the other thread.....
As someone who's spent a ot of time in Israel....and someone who considers himself American as apple pie.....
I can totally understand how the entire situation can create impressions that seem valid....but reality is very different

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
These pics are from my trip to Tel Aviv in 2021 for Lauren’s wedding. My friend Jack is like a brother- he lives there and was my personal chauffeur. There’s a pic of Jack and his daughter who’s an Sargent in the Israeli army.
The day after Lauren’s wedding Jack and I were on Dizegoff St having dinner.
Dizengoff is like the heart of Tel Aviv. Open air restaurants, one after the other. The weather in May was delicious. The street was packed.
As we were walking to find place to eat, sirens started blaring. Loud.
Everyone started running to a local bomb shelter and we followed.
Soon afterwards we started hearing loud explosions. And soon after that we could feel the Iron Dome exploding the incoming missiles and protecting our asses.
There’s no way I could ever understand the feeling. I was scared $hitless.

For the next 3 days till I could get a flight out, there were many more alerts and trips to bomb shelters.
Jack stayed with me pretty much the whole time till I left.
I was struck by the different reactions of the people in the shelter. Some were crying. Kids were playing.
Jack ran with me every time but he won’t go into the shelter if he’s by himself. He figures he’s more likely to be killed by a falling coconut.

Anyway thanks for reading.
IMG_1609.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1586.jpeg
    IMG_1586.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1569.jpeg
    IMG_1569.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1553.jpeg
    IMG_1553.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1552.jpeg
    IMG_1552.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1518.jpeg
    IMG_1518.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1517.jpeg
    IMG_1517.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1516.jpeg
    IMG_1516.jpeg
    408.8 KB · Views: 71
  • EBD1D503-60CF-4D0A-B25E-15D59A2262E8.jpeg
    EBD1D503-60CF-4D0A-B25E-15D59A2262E8.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1499.jpeg
    IMG_1499.jpeg
    319.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1474.jpeg
    IMG_1474.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 5800472f-4b3f-4035-bebb-393253cd133b.jpeg
    5800472f-4b3f-4035-bebb-393253cd133b.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1397.jpeg
    IMG_1397.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 110

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear that Lauren is safe and continued wishes for her well being. I can only imagine how stressful this is for the whole family.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My prayers with you and your beautiful family and friends. We are all here for you.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
So glad she and her family are safe—I cannot imagine your stress level for the past week. Thank you for telling us about your experience in Tel Aviv. Praying for continued safety for your loved ones.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You and your family are in my thoughts, Rockdiamond.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures. Your love for your family just shines through. Sending prayers and strength to you and yours ❤️

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who is the beautiful young woman dancing with you?
I think I know but I want to hear you say it.

Hi,

I thought who is that handsome man dancing with the beautiful bride? I only know Rockdiamond from his avatar--a rock star in our midst.

I can't imagine how terrifying it is to be caught in a war or continually hear the air-raid sirens go off. Except for our servicemen, we have not had the experience here in the US, thank goodness.
Rep. Daniel Goldman of NY was in tele Viv that Sunday. He and his young family had to stay in a stairwell for hours. When they got home his 9yr old daughter woke up screaming. She wanted to know if the third World War had begun. He soothed her. The following day his six year old son wanted to know which team was winning. You can't help but smile at the little boy.

In case Lauren reads this-- your father is still celebrating your wedding. We belatedly are celebrating with him. Congrats on your wedding. You do look beautiful.

Stay out of harms way.
Annette

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
David, I am relieved Lauren and family are safe and may they continue to remain so.
Israel is beautiful and you are so correct
As someone who's spent a ot of time in Israel....and someone who considers himself American as apple pie.....
I can totally understand how the entire situation can create impressions that seem valid....but reality is very different

in that (many) people here don't truly understand the reality. It's a shame.

Praying for all the people in Israel to stay safe.

Thank you for letting us know she is doing well.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
in that (many) people here don't truly understand the reality. It's a shame.

If only.....the people here, by and large- are reasonable.
Even if some of the things written in the other thread seemed.....insensitive...there's a willingness to discuss reasonably.
Of course, there are always people at the fringes who won't have the ability- or desire to think critically.
But PS is a really nice place, by and large.
I said "if only" because I wish the world at large was as harmonious as PS...( pipe dream city) ....please allow me to change a few key words in the part I quoted.
Unfortunately, we're at a place that seemed unthinkable 10 days ago.

in that most people in the world don't truly understand the reality. It's a shame.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If only.....the people here, by and large- are reasonable.
Even if some of the things written in the other thread seemed.....insensitive...there's a willingness to discuss reasonably.
Of course, there are always people at the fringes who won't have the ability- or desire to think critically.
But PS is a really nice place, by and large.
I said "if only" because I wish the world at large was as harmonious as PS...( pipe dream city) ....please allow me to change a few key words in the part I quoted.
Unfortunately, we're at a place that seemed unthinkable 10 days ago.

Agree with you David.
Though that thread did open my eyes about some PSers sad to say. I welcome it though when people show me who they are. Even if it’s disappointing. Because I would rather know.

I do agree with you that for the most part, PSers are reasonable. Usually :)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keeping your daughter @Rockdiamond , her family, and everyone currently living the nightmare, in my thoughts.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you @missy
After I posted i thought maybe my post seemed critical of you. I know we agree on the majority of areas.
The way I see it.... some of the things we've discussed involved issues where history isn't taught the same way all over. There's a lot of misconceptions. And it's natural because of the inconsistencies in the history- both short and long term

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy
After I posted i thought maybe my post seemed critical of you. I know we agree on the majority of areas.
The way I see it.... some of the things we've discussed involved issues where history isn't taught the same way all over. There's a lot of misconceptions. And it's natural because of the inconsistencies in the history- both short and long term

No worries David. I don’t have to be as PC as you. And I totally get that. It’s fine. I took no offense at anything you posted.

And yes to so many misconceptions. I expected too much I guess from some here. My dh always says keep my expectations low of others and I won’t be disappointed. As usual he’s right lol

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Thinking of you and yours, and thank you for sharing. It makes the ‘news’ on the television so much more immediate and terrifying, which it truly is.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very odd...wondering if its Spam. :confused:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very odd...wondering if its Spam. :confused:

When I read that post, it confused me. Kind of creepy since it wasn't @Rockdiamond. I had originally thought he somehow changed his user name but then realized that probably wasn't the case.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I read that post, it confused me. Kind of creepy since it wasn't @Rockdiamond. I had originally thought he somehow changed his user name but then realized that probably wasn't the case.

That's what I thought too...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results