shape
carat
color
clarity

rock choices... please help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jchizzle

Rough_Rock
I''m new to this site, and am trying to buy an engagement ring ASAP for next Saturday. I''ve narrowed the search down to a couple diamonds. Let me know what you all think. Thanks!
Option 1
Shape: Round
Carat weight: 0.80
Cut: Ideal
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Certificate: AGS
Depth: 62.1%
Table: 53.9%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Neglible
Measurements: 5.94*5.98*3.70
Crown Angle: 33.5°
Crown %: 15.30
Pavillion Angle: 40.9°
Pavillion %: 43.10

Option 2:
Carat Weight: 0.805ct
Cut: Round
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Certificate: AGS
Cut: Ideal
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: Negligible
Girdle: 1.93%
Culet: None
Width: 5.87mm
Length: 5.95mm
Depth: 3.68mm
Table Percentage: 56.67%
Depth Percentage: 62.24%
Crown ∠: 34.54°
Crown Depth: 14.87%
Pavilion ∠: 40.80°
Pavilion Depth: 43.15%
Upper Girdle ∠: 44.36°
Lower Girdle ∠: 42.14°

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
I'm no expert at all, but these look really close to me. Do you have anything else to help, like idealscope or aset or sarin? Or magnified pics of the diamonds? That's what I would look at next. The first one is a bit rounder.

jchizzle

Rough_Rock
GOG Diamond

JA Diamond

If they''re going to be really close, I would probably go for more inexpensive one since it''s VS1.

I want a more classic looking solitaire setting, if you have recommendations on any. Also, any opinions on James Allen vs. Good Old Gold would be appreciated. Thanks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on what you mean by ''classic looking solitare''... My recommendations would be MWM Flame of Sunburst. Superbcert Tiffany replica or Vatche Royal Crown.

Of those... I don''t think the flame can be ordered for a stone the sixe of yours... not sure about he Sunburst.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vatche Royal Crown, Tiffany and Variations on Tiffany, Cartier four prong, and Vatche X prong.

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock

jchizzle

Rough_Rock
I know the diamond''s pretty puny - but do you have any suggestions on settings? Do people usually buy the loose diamond and take it somewhere local to get it set, or do it all in one shot?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No one was saying the diamond is puny.... It's emphatically NOT puny (my 1.09 carat asscher has the exact same spread a your round) ... that setting only comes in a very limited size range because its new to production, that's all.

You can get both stone and setting from one place or not... its your choice really. Both are done quite frequently.

If you want a Tiffany Replica the Superbcert one is the nicest hands down IMO. And it's made to order for your exact diamond. I think Vatche does this as well... and so does MWM. So we are really talking quality made to order, not stock, settings.

If I had to pick JUST ONE? The Suberbcert would be my choice b/c there are so MANY different wedding band options.

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/just-got-my-fiances-engagement-ring-back-had-the-setting-changed-to-superbcert-s-tiffany-replica-t57558.html

Nice pics and discussion of the Superbcert setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results