shape
carat
color
clarity

Roberto Coin 7 pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elle

Shiny_Rock
I was very disappointed when I got it today - it doesn''t hang right to me - when I have it on it looks more like an arrowhead than a no. 7. Even in the box.

Here''s how I thought it should sit: Online pic:
DSC06652.jpg
001267awchx0_2.jpg

Here''s how it really sits - doesn''t look like a 7 does it?
DSC06651.jpg

Even in the box it seems to hang crooked:
DSC06656.jpg

Also - the one in the pic had nothing on the back but mine has a little pink stone? Is that common for RC? This is my 1st one and 1st time buying from this online store.
DSC06657.jpg
001267awchx0_4.jpg

Any opinions? And any advice for returning it via mail - how should I protect myself to ensure I get my money back? Thanks so much!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi! I buy a lot of RC but not any necklaces. He puts a cabochon sapphire on the clasps of a lot of his bracelets...maybe the seven isn''t attached at exactly the right spot on the chain? or the chain is not the right weight? I cannot imagine it is your neck that is the issue...can you play with it and make it look right? I would call the place you got it and explain that is not weighted properly...see what they have to say. I absolutely see what you are saying about that way it hangs...

elle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Diamondfan! I think you''re right about the weight issue. I just assumed the rc brand name would have better "quality control"?

If I set it the right way, once I move - it''s crooked again. I can''t change the chain as it''s "locked" in and I really like the thin chain anyway.

Also - if mine has a sapphire on the back - why doesn''t the one in the pic not have one?

Thanks!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
trust me even RC makes boo boos, I had to send back some bangles a couple of times because they were not right.

Maybe the little stone on the back is a new thing he is adding to some of his other pieces. I assume you saw a photo of the back and it was missing from that photo...unless it bugs you I would not worry, unless it is affecting the weight or the way it hangs. I think the chain can stay, it just might need to be attached differently...hard to say without seeing it!

edit:

If you used a credit card you are fine more than likely...just call the place and see what they have to say. See if they will send you back a shipping label. I would then go to the UPS store and send it back insured, and you will have proof of when it was recieved and who signed for it. See if they can make it right or get a refund. Most times these companies are pretty good about making the customer happy...

elle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the advice Diamondfan!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seems like it woulda been smarter for him to have bails on 2 places on top of the 7, so that it would be sure to lay right. That design seems like it''s quite hard for it to stay perfectly in place!!

elle

Shiny_Rock
I kwym FG
1.gif
You''d think a name like RC would have better qc
20.gif
I''ve sent it back - hopefully I''ll get a refund - this is the first time I''ve bought from this store.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I just saw this thread. I actually have this pendant! Mine hangs the right way most of the time, but the truth is, I never really paid too much attention to it enough to notice. And most everyone that sees it knows right away it''s the number seven, as they are always asking'' "why do you have 7 on your neck?".
2.gif

Did you purchase from Designer values? I purchased mine from them and actually returned the first one because it was missing the ruby.
That pink stone on the back is a ruby, RC puts them on almost all of his pieces because supposed it''s supposed to bring luck when it''s rubbed against the skin of whoever wears it.
If you go to his website, you can read about it.

Not all of the tiny treasure peices have this ruby on the back, some are so small,they could not fit it. The older versions also did not have the ruby either. He just recently started putting them on everything, though.

Anyway, it''s good you returned it, especially if you are not completely happy with it. I do love my 7 pendant though.
2.gif

conitta

Shiny_Rock
You could take it to a jeweler and have a bail put on it. If it bothers you the way it is hanging, you will never be satisfied. I am like that especially with earrings.... Send it back. Would a little longer chain help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results