shape
carat
color
clarity

Robert Crowningshield passes away at age 87

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
That is very sad to hear.

I knew him very well, and he was certainly one of the most thoughtful people I had the pleasure of meeting many times over the years.

In the mid 80''s I was involved in a bad car accident, and in the hospital. The phone rang one day, and it was Eunice Miles, Bob Crowingsheild, and Bert Krashes (the other vice president at GIA NY). All of them calling me as they had heard I was in the hospital. They also sent nice flowers and candy to my room too.

He was certainly one of the stellar stars at GIA, with an enormous amount of gemological knowledge and dedication. He was always personable with everyone, regardless of their "status" in the industry, and certain the model of being one of the worlds most experienced and educated gemologists. A true friend who I will miss tremendously.

Rockdoc

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Mr. Crowningshield was a true distinguished gentleman who will be missed.
I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times back in the 80''s.

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Robert Crowningshield was a pillar of the GIA and the gemological community. He led the sort of life that enabled the GIA to become the world recognized institution it became during his long tenure. We met many times at GIA Alumni meetings or AGS Guild functions when they were held at the GIA lab in NYC years ago. My father was a contemporary of his and having been of of the early 1950''s GIA students, knew Mr. Crowningshield far better than I did. My father''s GIA diploma had both Robert Crowningshield''s and Richard Liddicoat''s signatures on it, I believe.

An institution like the GIA owes much of its renowned stature to those who were there near the period it was founded. Just like the patriots of 1776 who met in Philadelphia, men and women of such high character may occasionally come together to create a very special organization or a even an entire country which has a grand and long lasting success.

You could count on Robert Crowningshield''s integrity. No better comment can be made.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results