shape
carat
color
clarity

Road Rage

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I frequent this forum a lot....I mean a lot. I don''t know how else to vent or where else to go fro info, but something horrible happened today.

I''m driving home and this white van starts to get into my lane. I honk and realize he''s on his cell. At the next stop light he starts yelling at me through his car window. He then cuts my car off and slams on his brakes. I was inches from his car and if my brakes weren''t so good, I would have hit his car. He gets out of his car and starts coming toward me. I start reversing but can''t really go anywhere because there is a car right behind me and the road (two lanes merging into one) had a sidewalk on one side and an island on the other. His car was in front on the right and he was walking towards me on the left. I could have run him over but I didn''t think it was worth me getting into trouble for him.

Anyways, he starts calling me names, bitch this bitch that, chink bitch, etc. he tries to open my car door and had his face right up against my window. He noticed I was calling the police department and then took off. The police are right across the street. I could have walked there in two minutes from where this happened. After he took off, I turned (this is sooooo close to my house, i could have also walked to my house in two minutes) into this market area because I didn''t want to go home or park my car because then he might key it or something. So I''m in this market area and call 911. Ok, not pleased here, I get a recording and then I finally get chp. They have to transfer me to the city pd. That took some time and THEN my cell loses a signal. what the chuck. Anyways, they tell me that an officer will be right over. I''m waiting and waiting and I''m getting mad that I''m waiting. I drive around the area to see if this guy lives in my neighborhood. then I decide to go to the pd station but there''s no parking. As I pass the pd station I see a cop going to the area that I said I would be.

There are two cops. One seemed more experienced than the other. I told him my story...I also got a partial on the plate and a good description of the vehicle and of course, the irate driver. He was hesitant in filing a police report and while I was talking to the rookie cop, the other cop asked if I can make an id on the guy. I assumed they found him or something. I confirmed that I could because this just happened. But the rookie guy started talking to me about something else. He said they didn''t find him. so I started asking him what could they have done???? Was it a crime? It could definitely have led up to one. He didn''t really know anything. He didn''t even want to file a report until I told him I wanted to. I heard my description of the vehicle on his walkie talkie but he quickly turned it down.

I don''t know. This whole thing left me feeling helpless. What could I have done? nothing it seems. If I rear ended his car I would have been at fault. he was asking for some trouble.

This same thing happened to my fiance in SF and the guy who got out of his car punched my fiance in the face. I told the officer (today) what would have happened if my fiance filed a report? He couldn''t give me a definite answer and quickly changed the subject. what''s the deal???? I know the SFPD aren''t highly regarded right now with the whole fajita-gate scandal.

I''m at a loss.

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Just to add, for all those mtv real world SD fans out there. The SDPD seems to arrest anyone on the street for something minor. This was more threatening than anything that happened on that show. what gives???

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! I am not in your area, but just wanted to say how angering it is with these people on their cell phones and trying to drive. They need to hurry up and pass the law about cell phones and paying attention to the damn road! I am incensed when I see TV/Dvd screens up. As if driving isn't dangerous enough.

I took a self defense class and the guy taught us that if we are in a car and someone is coming at us to do apparent harm (i.e. yelling, screaming and other "threatening" gestures, maybe even to carjack) to remember that we have a weapon. It is the 4000 pound car that we are in and to start as though we will run him over. They will clear out of the way.

All that racial slur stuff was uncalled for, he was in the wrong!
angryfire.gif
I am so sorry this happened to you. The cops you were dealing with were pathetic!
Luv

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Aneelcon, if there is one thing I learned, there are very few able and honest cops who can help in major cities.

I am SO sorry this happened to you! That is so awful! This irate van driver is such a sicko! But I believe in Karma and I know that without action on your part he WILL feel everything he deserves sooner or later. That is a fact.

What you can do is file harassment charges, threats to endanger the lives and welfare of people are no laughing matter, and his rckless driving and behaviour could and should be punished. I have a feeling you will lose more sleep, time, energy and heart doing this though, and instead of getting the satisfaction now of catching him, you may have to let this pass. It's better for you, because the process (sadly) is not always set up for the victim to win.

Keep strong and don't let this bother you. You know who you are and no crazy psycho should ever take away the joy and happiness you should enjoy every day of your life. Don't give him that power! Chin up, and we're here for your venting needs!!!
9.gif

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys. I drove around my condo complex to see if he lived in this area. well, it was around 10am and he probably went off to work. What scared me was that I saw a very similar vehicle parked right next to the police station but when I drove by the license plate number was completely different. whew. if it was the car and the driver was somehow related to the police, I'm thinking this is going to be the next big scandel to rock the bay area....The oakland riders start a new trial today and the SFPD...well, that name speaks for itselft with all the stuff that has happened in the past year or so.

As for hitting him with my car...I thought of that. but I didn' t wnat to get my car damaged
11.gif
and I didn't want to get a point on my drivers license because he would have been considered a pedestrian. and peds always have the right of way.

What angers me is that isn't there a law (or there should be one) where you cannot cut someone off and slam on your brakes. that's intent. you intend for the other driver to ram their car into yours.

What else angers me? If the police were right there, they would have arrested the guy on the spot. but since they weren't they didn't really care....I saw the MTV real world episodes where two of the roommates got arrested (separately) and they were really not doing anything.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Aneel, I don't know what to say.
15.gif

I am sorry for you that this happened. You did the right thing by not going home. He could have easily followed you. And keying your car would be the least of my worries. He would know where you live!
14.gif

I agree with Nic. You may not see it, but he will get his, somehow, someway. Call it Karma or Fate or whatever, but we seem to get back what we give out. He was mean and wicked and probably wonders why mean and wicked things happen to him.
nono.gif

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
I can see why you'd be upset but don't let that nasty little man ruin your day. Ooooh! What a slimy thing to do to someone! And it was a cowardly thing to do to run away when he saw that you were calling the police. If he was right, he would have stood his ground.

----------------
On 2/12/2004 2:51:50 PM aneelcon wrote: quote]
As for hitting him with my car...I thought of that. but I didn' t wnat to get my car damaged
----------------

Well, you don't have to hit him. You could just turn your car and rev the engine with a crazy look in your eyes.
11.gif
luvmysparklies said "start as though we will run him over".
9.gif
Just kidding!

I'm sure he's cutting his lifespan short by having such a temper. Imagine his blood pressure! The most important thing is that you're safe. Your car is fine, and everything is okay. I'm so glad he didn't hurt you. That nasty, nasty little man!!
angryfire.gif
What a jerk to think he could intimidate you, after all you did was honk for the safety of the both of you!

And now you know I have a nasty temper!
9.gif

joeq

Rough_Rock
If you want to follow this up, you can. His use of racial epiphets can get this classified as a hate crime, which puts it in an entirely different category and one that they (should) take more seriously. There is even a crime called "ethnic intimidation", although I'm not sure if it would apply in this case.

It depends if you are angry enough about it or if you want to just let it go. Letting it go is definitely easier and what the cops want you to do.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would just let it go.. It's not worth getting agitated over and worrying about. People have road rage incidents all the time..unfortunately...and there isn't a whole lot to do as you noted...esp since there was no physical assault! Though I am surprised since you got a partial plate and have a description that nothing happened? I would have driven in with the policemen to their station and talked to a supervisor.

I really try to curb my temper sometimes when people are driving because you NEVER know. What if this guy had a gun? I don't honk as often as I should...because honestly it's not worth dying over (and my horn is very small and pathetic). Anyway, when my fiance gets upset, he tends to flip off drivers and I get upset with him because all you need is someone to pull out a gun and shoot you, or harass you as this person did, or FOLLOW you home and then a psycho knows where you live. People are unpredictable and most times not very smart. You did the right thing to call the police and scare him off...I would keep watch for the next few days but don't be too scared or paranoid. Chances are you were just a blip in his bad day and he already forgot about you.

Good luck gal!

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
you guys are so wonderful. Making my day that much brighter. But...I'm a revengeful person. I totally believe in that saying 'an eye for an eye' and no it doesn't make the whole world blind because if someone did some awful crime to you, wouldn't you want that person to pay....I took an ethnic studies course at cal (Ron Takaki..love the guy) and one of the GSIs were giving the lecture that day. He said that he doesn't beleive in jails and crimes should go unpunished because it just doesn't work. i felt like walking out.

Back to my point. yes it's easy to let things go which i probably will do but i want something on his record. I filed a police report but I want it to be on his record. I'm kinda POed that the police took so long to get off their ass and put their donuts down to handle my case. In the time it took them to come over to where I was, I could have walked to my place, dropped off my things and strolled over to the PO station (since they're so close). Unbelievable.

I want the record to be known that this guy is a walking time bomb. So when future employers look at this guy, or when someone does a back ground check it will come up. what an idiot. I already know I'm better than this prick.

ok, my feelings are talking. let me stop.
anyways, I'm off to SD for the long weekend.

happy vday everyone. and again THANKs for just being here. You guys are wonderful people.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results