shape
carat
color
clarity

RK Bridal in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I needed to find a store in NYC for FSIL to try the BM dress on, and while I was on the phone they quoted me $50 less than any other store here in TX.

Has anyone used them? Thoughts? Opinions? Experiences? ... Rumors? Anything would be helpful!!

ETA: If you did online ordering thru Netbride or another place, were the delivery times pretty close to what they quoted? Did you have to return any of the dresses? Overall experience? Any color differences?

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!

I was just there to try on my dresses! I''ve heard good and bad things about them (i.e. return and exchange policies), but so far my experience has been great. I went there on Monday, and put a deposit down on a dress. I changed my mind and went back the next day. Now, they have a very strict cancellation/return/exchange policy. Their receipt says all sales are final. Additionally, for special orders, such as brides and bridesmaid dresses, if they are unable to cancel the order with the manufacturer, you have to buy the dress. If they can cancel the order, they charge a $150 cancellation fee. Not only did they cancel my order for the dress I paid a deposit for, but they didn''t charge me a cancellation fee and transferred my entire deposit over to a different dress.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
So I have nothing bad to say about them!

As for the layout, it''s a bit hectic and would describe it as almost warehouse-like. A lot of the dresses are squeezed on the rack so if you can''t find an available consultant, please make sure you search very carefully or you''ll miss the dress you''re looking for. Their prices are very good and they are pretty accurate with their delivery dates.

Hope that helps!

peony14

Rough_Rock
I just bought my dress there. It''s not an "upscale" bridal salon, but my dress was $500 cheaper there than the other NYC bridal salon I visited. I have heard mixed things about their alterations department, but so far I''ve had a really good experience.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
They are known for being very dependable in delivering what is agreed upon, however it is no-frills shopping.

I was MOH for a friend who bought her wedding dress and our bm dresses there. As I''m now in this whole bridal process, I''ve been asking her about how things went for her, what she''d do differently etc...well she was a two dress bride (horrible experience getting her first dress custom made, even made the news about being taken advantage of) when she and I ended up at RK Bridal. Hands down she said if my dress is available through RK I should do it. Try on dresses elsewhere, and go for the lowest price, RK is often it.

Her dress was beautiful and perfect, came in early. Had it altered elsewhere but mostly because there was someone with great reviews literally a block away from her home.

As for the bm dresses, trying them on was CRAZY in the store. Like, sign your name to a list and wait around for 20 minutes. THEN she and I shared a dressing room and only had 15 or 20 minutes at a time to try on dresses and give it over to the next group. We didn''t have to leave, just get out and get back on the waiting list for a room. It really wasn''t too bad.

It sounds like you have already picked them out and are just in the ordering phase. GO FOR IT. We had no problems what so ever. The dresses were perfect, came in way ahead of schedule and good quality.

tarepanda

Rough_Rock
Hi there! I was a BM in a wedding where the bride got all our dresses from RK Bridal . . . she had no problems whatsoever, although she picked up all the dresses (she was local in NY) as opposed to having them ship them out to us (most of us were not in NY). I would say though that all of the BMs had a tough two weeks prior to the wedding as those dresses were TIGHT! We gave them our measurements but I think universally they were on the smaller side, so keep that in mind when ordering (even the girl who is a size zero had trouble - we were just hoping they all zipped up the day of!)... You may want to have your BMs add a little bit extra on their measurements, just to be safe . . . although perhaps it was just the style of the dress that the bride chose this time around!
1.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your help. It''s great to hear that you all have had good experiences. I would be ordering them over the phone/fax, and having them shipped here to Texas. There are 9 dresses, and I''m really worried about what the issues could be if there is something wrong with the dress. They would get here at the end of May, which would give us less than 2 months to make sure they all fit correctly. (Sounds like a really long time, until I think about shipping incorrect dresses back to NY, then back to the manuf. and then back to NY and then back to me...)

Maybe I could have FSIL pick up the dresses and check that all the sizes are correct before they are mailed out. It''s crazy to hear hpw the store is... I think I read the same thing about "Here Comes the Bridesmaid". Really dingy but know their business. Sounds liek RK is pretty reliable, so I shouldn''t have much to worry about. Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results