shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani - what is the cheapest place to get the endless love setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

needabigrock

Rough_Rock
Thanks to your suggestions I discovered Ritani''s Endless Love ring and well, fell in love!!! This is exactly what I want for my engagement ring. Being the cheapo that I am what is the lowest price anyone found for the setting and/or band? Bailey, Banks, and Biddle said I could set my own diamond in a Ritani setting if it was F color and VS clarity. Did anyone else who bought a stone to be set in Ritani have to have that high of a color and clarity? I looked through the old posts and I couldn''t find any pricing info. The following are the prices I found from different vendors. Has anyone found anything better?

Bailey Banks and Biddle
Round Mounting
2600 - 15% off till April 24 so currently 2210

Round Mounting with .5 stone
4100 - 15% off till April 24 so currently 3485

a setting with a stone >.5 would be cheaper to buy if the stone was bought seperately

Solomon Brothers
Round Mounting

Round Mounting with .75 Diamond
6210.00 -> cheaper if I buy the diamond seperately

Diamond Brokers in Florida
I called Diamond Brokers and they said that they would not only sell the mounting.
Mounting with .50 Diamond

Octagonal Mounting with .70 Diamond

Thanks so much in advance!!!
thanks,
Sam

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
The challenge you are going to run into with this is the same for every designer setting, the selling price of the mounting is controlled by the designer and not the individual seller. Thus your best bet is to go with DBOF who can / will at least offer you a better price on the center stone which will be sold at a different mark-up by an internet dealer than it would be by a traditional brick and mortar store. Realize that dealers who discount designer lines risk losing their dealership which they paid dearly for, so don't blame them for sticking to their guns - they have spent a lot of money in order to be able to offer those designs for you.

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
Be fore warned when it comes to Ritani and the Endless Love setting. It is absolutely stunning but you CAN NOT use your own diamond. I went through this to no avail. I have spoken to 2 people at Ritani as well as salespeople at Fortunoff, BB & B, Saks, and a local dealer. For the endless love you can only use Ritani's diamonds.

Background:
I am going to purchase a newer setting but was interested in getting the Endless Love after a friend and co-worker were looking to purchase it. After she had picked out the exact diamond she wanted to use at Fortunoff the sales women called it in and Ritani told her they can only use their diamonds. It seems that Ritani partnered with a wholesale diamond company (Julius Cline?) within the last year)

Word of advice, call whomever you are looking to get the setting from and ask them to call Ritani. Ritani will only talk to authorized dealers. The manager over there is Jennifer and they will explain the procedure to the dealer and have diamonds sent over for you to look at. It has something to do with the setting and the specs on their diamond. Also most of the endless loves are pre-set. I am looking to get around this rule by saying that I am using my mom's diamond yet and buy one from an online vender. But I also have to spend more money having it set in some sort of setting first (as told to me by Ritani). I have a tiny bit of leeway simply because the setting I like it not bezeled. I only got information from Ritani because I was lucky enough not to get Jennifer on the phone once AND myself as well as my co-worker were irrate about getting the run around.

Also, I am surprised about the F VS2. Ritani mostly carries F ang G SI1's from what I saw and heard.

Good luck and have patience. The setting is amazing but the process is frustrating as Ritani is new and most dealers don't know the process yet, unfortunately! Ritani settings are so delicate and most people don't know but his resume includes designing for Tiffany and Harry Winston. I reseach things way too much before purchasing!
saint.gif

dunndeal

Rough_Rock
A little birdie told me that if you send in your diamond to an authorized Ritani jeweler already mounted (even in a simple solitare). Ritani will do a remount for you. There main objective is to sell their centers and as long as its a "re-mount" they will assist you!

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
dunndeal-That is absolutely true for all except the Endless Love, at least what my birdie at Ritani told me. It has to be exact in order to look good in the setting as well as be symmetrical in the bezel (height, girdle, etc). The best bet is for needabigrock to have her dealer call Jennifer at Ritani and ask them.

dunndeal

Rough_Rock
The require you to send the diamond and mounting intact to Ritani. The only catch is the mounting has to be visably worn.\ in order to qualify as a remount.

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
WOW...really? I didn't know it had to be "visibly worn" and either did anyone that I spoke to (dealers)! That is ridiculous! I was just told for all but the endless love you could use your "remounted" diamond. That was it!
Wow, so not only do I have to buy a useless setting for my internet purchased diamond but I also have to stomp on it and run over it with my car before giving to Ritani! Not too bad.
rolleyes.gif

Thank you and your birdie for sharing.

dunndeal

Rough_Rock
You know what they say about the messenger! Just the plain facts!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
These are nice as well...not ritani...but sort of similar! I think I've been looking at the same sort of styles, and have about 30 different jewelry/diamond sites saved in my favorites! What can I say? Obsessive...compulusive?
wacko.gif

http://www.icestore.com/rings/platinum_accent_settings.asp

http://www.indygem.com/PlatinumAntiqueSemiMts-2.htm

http://www.washingtondiamond.com/store/answer.asp?dept=36

http://www.diamondsonfire.net/cgi-bin/commerce/index.cgi?product=bands_engagement&order_by=priceasc&exact_match=yes

http://www.precisionset.com/engagement_frameset.htm

needabigrock

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys,

this has all been very helpful. I have talked to two different dealers and I have gotten two different stories. We shall see - I may just end up getting the .5 carat already set in the Ritani mounting - with the 15% promotion at BBB it is pretty reasonable. I have small fingers and the .5 really looks pretty big. I need to try on some different carat sizes to see if it is worth the hassle of using an already mounted diamond to be remounted by Ritani.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Check this one out...and on clearance!!

WOW!!!

http://www.diamonds-a-diamond.com/clearance35.htm

kraulin

Rough_Rock
I too am considering that ring as well!
1.gif
My girlfriend absolutely loves pave! May I ask where you got it and how much your paid for it? I have only seen it at BB&B.

-=Bryan

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Needabigrock---
There is someone selling their 1/2ct ritani endless love that posted on PS. I think it was under diamond hangout. Anyway they posted a link for their ring on ebay. I think it was going to be about 2200 dollars.

tracydallas

Rough_Rock
Hey! I am new to this forum, but I have been reading alot of your posts and I am TOO looking for a cheap either original, or look alike of the Ritani Endless Love in .5 carats. I saw somewhere that someone had one for $2200???? Is that long gone? Anyone have any good news like that for me?
tracy

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Dayalas,

You might have more responses to your question if you start a whole new topic for it and ask your question there. Also, have you checked out the "halo ring" thread on the Show Me the Ring forum? There are lots of beauties on there in different styles, and if you see one you like, you could private message the person to ask them where they got it.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results