shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani Settings

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to recall Ritani being known more for their settings many years ago but these days they don't seem to have much... I have been looking off and on for a lab grown emerald cut and Ritani usually has the best prices as far as I can tell but they don't have any plain east-west settings.

I just want something simple like one of these:

Ideally without paying a thousand dollars!

Are there any other vendors that have lab-grown ECs at good prices AND simple east-west settings? Or any simple stock settings (though I'm a bit sus of stock settings for emerald shapes since they can come in different lxw, though most lab grown ones seem pretty standard)? It seems completely unnecessary to get a custom setting from DK for a diamond I'd literally be buying from a place that sells settings, but if that's the cheapest way I guess I'd do it.

Ritani also says they can customize or custom make settings but I am pretty skeptical of that and haven't inquired about it.

The diamonds I'm looking at are ~1.5-2 cts, $750 up to about $1200

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also I've seen the threads about Ritani sometimes not actually having the diamond but I'm willing to try, lol

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just received my upgrade and I’m disappointed in the setting. It is super thin and flimsy. The diamond is gorgeous. See my Ritani thread.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
Oh interesting! That's good to know. Thanks for linking that setting too because I had not seen that one.

I didn't know either for my first few orders, and I picked a couple settings I wasn't thrilled with!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so my ideal setting is a Sholdt semi-bezel, and for whatever reason I just assumed they were $3k+ but apparently they are not? So I may end up with a loose emerald cut and a Sholdt semi-bezel. I was originally looking at bigger diamonds but I'd love to keep it under $2k or at least $2.5k so I'll wait on a quote about the setting and then choose a diamond after that.

@woofmama's set has been one of my faves forever (1.11 K diamond on a size 7-something finger, in her case). So after looking at the size of this I think I would be happy even with a smaller diamond - my finger is just a size 4.5.

my_ec_sholdt_7.jpg

And every time I see an emerald cut east-west in a Sholdt semi-bezel setting I am transported to a beautiful place.

EUs3B5DXkAQUkL0.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yeah I saw that last night - the problem is BG lab diamonds are at least 2x the cost of Ritani and their Sholdt settings seem marked up from other websites too, and I'm not interested in spending $4k on a lab diamond ring.

Ugh, sorry, I just got one of their smaller stones that was a great deal, but their prices really do look higher on larger stones.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, sorry, I just got one of their smaller stones that was a great deal, but their prices really do look higher on larger stones.

Yeah I saw your thread and it looks exciting! Lab diamond prices are really all over the place right now. I mean... I'm glad some of them are low because I wouldn't be interested if they were all higher! But it does make shopping a little harder, lol

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@distracts i adore that Sholdt setting too!! Dust for a great quote and that you proceed with this project!! Can’t wait to see!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results