shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani settings- diamonds between prongs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
After looking at every setting under the face of the sun and changing my mind about 209 times, I think I have finally found THE e-ring setting. It is a six-prong Ritani solitare with a micro-pave shank and small diamonds set in between the prongs on the head. I love it because it''s the perfect combination of a classic design, pave, and six-prong, and then it has the diamonds under the main stone to make it a little bit unique.

My question is- does anyone have any experience with these settings? I am worried about the durability of the diamonds between the prongs. I am a huge klutz, and I would hate to pop one of those stones out (they''re not tiny, so they may be a little expensive to replace.) Any info is greatly appreciated!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
BigDiamonds, ask your retailer about Ritani''s warranty and any experience they had if any, Ritani has been around for a while so your vendor should know.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can search Ritani here for some consumer experiences. I believe Ritani to make a very high quality product and would purchase any Ritani setting in a heartbeat..

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just saw that setting a few weeks ago and it seemed sturdy enough. The stones looked like they were really wedged in there and the prongs stuck out more than the stones, so if you banged it the prongs would get hit not the stones set in the side.

It''s a bit too busy for me in person (we went with the traditional ritani w/o halo) but if you really like the look of all the little diamonds on the outside I don''t think you could go wrong. But see it in person first if you haven''t already, it looks a bit different than in the pictures.

We have only heard great things about the quality of Ritani, and that''s why we went with them. I don''t think you''d have a problem.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the input!

Neatfreak, I know what you mean about it being busy...I saw it originally with the pave diamonds on the prongs and it didn''t do it for me at all. Then I saw one with plain prongs and just the diamonds in between, and it made a huge difference for me.

Do you have any recommendations for similar settings? The pave and six-prong are important to me.
Thanks!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I''m afraid I have to revitilize this thread because I''m having major second thoughts about this setting. Here is a picture for reference, although I swear that it doesn''t do it justice at all. I REALLY like the thin pave band and the six prong head (I love the Michael B settings
30.gif
, but can''t pay the $ and really want six prongs), but I don''t know about the diamonds between the prongs.

I''m soliciting honest opinions here...are they gimmicky? I''m torn between thinking they''re a cool touch that makes the ring a little unique, and thinking they''re just kind of weird. I know that my opinion is the only one that counts, but I don''t want to end up with a ring that everyone cringes at!

Thanks for your honest opinions. I was inspired by the other thread.
2.gif

http://store.jrdunn.com/product-p/rt001rz3266ajrd.htm

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
Alright,
I''ll bite.... I don''t like it. Which is weird because I love some of the other Ritani settings.

Looks like too much going on to me, but I would still love to see it in person! that can change everything.
11.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a lovely setting and I''ve seen ritani rings in person (not this particular style) and they look very well made.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
I have tried on several Ritani settings and they are extremely delicate, well-made and gorgeous. I think the setting you picked out is lovely and that you would be very happy with it.

Did you try on some of the other Ritani settings to compare with this one? I recently tried on a Ritani that has a four-prong basket style head. There are tiny stones running across the bars of the basket which I thought added to the setting''s delicacy while not making it appear to busy. I thought it was stunning but no matter how hard I try to convince myself otherwise... the Ritani shanks are just a bit too thin for my sausagey size 7.5 finger. LOL!

Trying on some of the other Ritanis might make you realize that this setting (which caught your eye to begin with!) is the one!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your opinions! There are only two Ritani dealers in my city, so I don''t have access to a lot of different settings to try. Ritani is going to be at a trunk show in a couple of weeks, so I may ask if they can make the ring without the diamonds between the prongs. That won''t be offensive, will it? I don''t want to insult the designer!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if that would be insulting (or whether they would do it!) but they have many many plain six prongs I believe. I also prefer one without the "encrusted look" but then again I am biased because that''s what we bought!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
BigDiamonds,

I bought a micropave Ritani setting with halo for a princess cut diamond in the beginning of March and I saw the setting you are considering in person. The picture you posted really does not do it justice because it looks so much better in person. I, like you, searched and searched and changed my mind so many times, but when I came across Ritani's micropave settings, I knew I had found the right one. As many of the PSers will tell you, the quality of the craftsmanship is definitely there. I also hear about their incredible durability, which was important to me. I am not sure where you're purchasing your setting from, but Bailey Banks and Biddle, from which I purchased mine, told me that any melees that are lost will be replaced at no cost for a lifetime of the ring. Obviously I have not had any trouble yet (as I am still waiting impatiently for the completion of my ring) so I cannot confirm whether or not the statement of warranty is true, but that is what I have been told. If you like the settiing, I think you should buy it. You won't regret it. It is gorgoues!!!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
It looks very pretty. I saw this setting in person a few weeks ago and it was very nice, dainty in fact. I believe what you''ve chosen is channel set, not pave, am I correct? If so, I think that style will wear quite well because the stones are set down into the band and not above the metal surface. I think with the matching wedding band it would be a lovely, simple yet with a little bling factor, pairing. Elegant. Go see it again and see what you think in person. I''m a firm believer in going back as many times as need be before committing!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Ritani rings are well made. I don''t particularly care for the diamonds between the prongs, but it''s not my ring!! It''s yours!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Kohdy- that''s an excellent tip about BB&B. We do have one here, but I was leaning towards a local store based solely on the fact that they were local. However, they don''t offer any warranty, and I don''t think they do any repair work at all. It''s not a huge deal, but it''s definitely a perk.

surfgirl- Ritani makes two settings that are so similar it''s really hard (for me, at least) to tell them apart. One is a channel set with very small round diamonds, and one is a true pave. It''s actually hard to tell in the pic which one that is, but the one I want is the micropave. It''s a little more delicate and glittery. There is a matching band for it, and they look great together (and will look even better w/the second band that I plan on receiving for my first anniversary!
2.gif
)

Thank you everybody!! I don''t know what I''m going to do (I''m such a spaz!), but I feel a lot better about the durability of the ring after everything you have said.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results