shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani setting failure

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
If anyone considers Ritani for a setting, I advise to look elsewhere. I just received my 2nd setting failure (out of 11 total purchases). That's just unacceptable to me.

I've been a big Ritani fan, but I'll shift my purchases elsewhere from now on.

20230419_125737.jpg 20230419_125741.jpg 20230419_125755.jpg

Attachments

• 20230419_125607.jpg
    20230419_125607.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 23

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
That kind of hurts to look at! Thanks for sharing and I hope they reimburse you for it.

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
That kind of hurts to look at! Thanks for sharing and I hope they reimburse you for it.

They offered to refund or repair if I want to send it back. I tried to send back for repairs, but the emails are not handled as quickly as they should and after two failed attempts of scheduling/confirming a pick up, I gave up the option of a repair.

I don't want to deal with returns, so I asked for a partial refund or a credit for a future purchase. They offered $100 as a partial refund, or I can spend my time returning (which I hate, plus I want the stone), or I can take my time to get my local jeweler to remove the stone and send back. I feel they should cater to what makes me happy given the number of purchases I've made, but they clearly don't care about making me happy.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
They offered to refund or repair if I want to send it back. I tried to send back for repairs, but the emails are not handled as quickly as they should and after two failed attempts of scheduling/confirming a pick up, I gave up the option of a repair.

I don't want to deal with returns, so I asked for a partial refund or a credit for a future purchase. They offered $100 as a partial refund, or I can spend my time returning (which I hate, plus I want the stone), or I can take my time to get my local jeweler to remove the stone and send back. I feel they should cater to what makes me happy given the number of purchases I've made, but they clearly don't care about making me happy.

What terrible customer service. Hope this gets fixed to your satisfaction.

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
What terrible customer service. Hope this gets fixed to your satisfaction.

It's not getting fixed to my satisfaction because they refused today. I've waited to post anything until I saw how things would be handled. I'll get $100 refund, and that's all unless I send it back (never mind that I shouldn't have to do this since the failure was totally on them).

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you send the ring back, have them remove it from the setting and send the diamond back to you? They of course should refund you the money you paid for the setting.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
It's not getting fixed to my satisfaction because they refused today. I've waited to post anything until I saw how things would be handled. I'll get $100 refund, and that's all unless I send it back (never mind that I shouldn't have to do this since the failure was totally on them).

It seems like disappointing experiences with Ritani is becoming more frequent lately. It's especially sad since you've purchased so much with them. Thanks for sharing so consumers can be aware. Ugh, so sorry you have to deal with this.

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
They sent it like that?! It looks like it was crushed before setting! You can see the tool marks on the inside of the basket prong.

Yes, it was sent like this, and it's truly incredible that it passed a quality inspection.

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
It seems like disappointing experiences with Ritani is becoming more frequent lately. It's especially sad since you've purchased so much with them. Thanks for sharing so consumers can be aware. Ugh, so sorry you have to deal with this.

Yes, and I've finally learned my lesson.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it was sent like this, and it's truly incredible that it passed a quality inspection.

:-oThat's unacceptable. It looks like it was crushed in a vice and then they tried to straighten the prongs with pliers. Badly.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really sorry this happened to you. It seems the setting was made for a smaller stone and they tried to force your diamond into it. Please loupe the area I circled. It's probably just a facet or reflection, but it kind of looks like a chip.
Setting  .png

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
Really sorry this happened to you. It seems the setting was made for a smaller stone and they tried to force your diamond into it. Please loupe the area I circled. It's probably just a facet or reflection, but it kind of looks like a chip.
Setting  .png

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they chipped the stone too.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They sent it like that?! It looks like it was crushed before setting! You can see the tool marks on the inside of the basket prong.

“We sent it to our prime bench and they worked diligently to custom fit it just for your stone, ma’am”
A78FAD32-5B06-4290-8B93-D035280FA686.gif

I’m sorry, OP. This situation for you does suck. I truly don’t think they really care much about repeat customers tho. I wouldn’t be happy at all for a $100 discount. Unless the setting itself was very very very economical. What price point it is the setting at? Then I’d just take the stone since you love it, and move on.

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
“We sent it to our prime bench and they worked diligently to custom fit it just for your stone, ma’am”
A78FAD32-5B06-4290-8B93-D035280FA686.gif

I’m sorry, OP. This situation for you does suck. I truly don’t think they really care much about repeat customers tho. I wouldn’t be happy at all for a $100 discount. Unless the setting itself was very very very economical. What price point it is the setting at? Then I’d just take the stone since you love it, and move on.

The setting cost $1785 (but no tax with current promo). The first setting they failed on for me cost a few hundred, and I didn't even ask for a refund. I just had it reset myself. It's a shame that they don't care about repeat customers, because lab diamonds have made that a real thing now with diamond rings.

That paper clip is so on point unfortunately!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they should have told you that the setting you picked wont fit your stone instead of cramming it in there and trying to make
it work (major fail).

I tried looking for the setting but couldn't find it. Can you provide the link to it? How big is your stone?

Edit...I found it. Looks like this setting is made to fit a round or a square stone (princess). I assume they agreed
to fit it for an emerald cut (is that what your stone is?) It appears, well to me, that their bench couldn't handle it.

I would have the stone unmounted and send the setting back (or have Ritani do it and send you your stone).

Last edited:

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
I think they should have told you that the setting you picked wont fit your stone instead of cramming it in there and trying to make
it work (major fail).

I tried looking for the setting but couldn't find it. Can you provide the link to it? How big is your stone?

Edit...I found it. Looks like this setting is made to fit a round or a square stone (princess). I assume they agreed
to fit it for an emerald cut (is that what your stone is?) It appears, well to me, that their bench couldn't handle it.

I would have the stone unmounted and send the setting back (or have Ritani do it and send you your stone).

My stone is princess cut. I really don't want to have to unmount as I'm not prepared to have another setting made yet. I don't have great options for that, so it'll take me awhile to pursue a place to make one. My hope when asking for a partial refund (or full refund in store credit) was that I could use the setting and at least have some enjoyment of my stone until I can get a new setting. Unfortunately, they were not open to that.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock

I'm so sorry! I know how disappointing it is to wait and not get what you expected. Hope it all ends up happy.

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
I would offer my services in creating the setting you want but I think you'd be a bit traumatised as would I after experiencing all of this. I hope you get it fixed so you can finally enjoy wearing it!

I don't really have good options locally for a setting, so I don't know where I will look for it. For the first failed Ritani setting I replaced, I used an overseas vendor. It was nicer than Ritani's, but I like this stone a little more than I did that one and want something better for this one.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Ok noted, the stone can be sent to me so that I can put it in a setting of your choice. 3d molds are sent just in case clients want to know what the ring would look like. You can contact me at [email protected].
Welcome to PS!
It is against forum rules to advertise services directly.
I left a link to PS policies.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results