shape
carat
color
clarity

ritani endless love shape without pave?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ciger

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,

Has anyone seen a setting that is the shape of Ritani endless love, but without pave? I like the shape of it (the low-set basket and the super-thin, flat band) but I don''t want my bf to have to spend that much on the setting. I assume that it wouldn''t actually be by Ritani. I''ve attached a picture with pave (my apologies - the picture is a beautiful ring that someone else posted on PS). Please let me know if anyone has seen a non-pave version. Thanks!

pricescope_2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t say that I directly recall seeing anything that looks exactly like the Ritani but without pave...but what about a simple 4 prong solitaire with a low basket head? I know we have seen those around here somewhere!! Did you check out vendor''s websites? Local stores?

Or you can go custom-ish which is not as expensive as people may think, especially if they can use existing pieces like a Stuller low basket head or something with a simple domed shank etc.

I think what you are asking for is not unheard of or hard to do, but you may have to go custom to get EXACTLY what you want. Good luck!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Precision set has something close... but it has cathedral wings. You might look at it. You are wanting just what I have been looking for. I have been told it is a simple basket head on a shank. But I am hesitant in that I haven''t seen a basket in a book that I like.

The following links are two images I have used for reference. they aren''t what you are requesting, but you could use them for a reference point.
http://www.washingtondiamond.com/StoreBox/3901/390078.htm

Shown in a square basket...it is available in round:

http://www.washingtondiamond.com/StoreBox/3901/390100.htm

Oh, Leon Mege just posted a plain one on his site. I can''t find a link to the new images...can anyone else help?

DKS

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh and also look at Pearlmans Pearlman collection. It is shown in pave but you have an option to get lesser on the shank...I think your issue with the Ritani pave is the price...You might be able to swing the Pearlman one with some form of pave. They may make it in a 2.5 mm width...but maybe they can make it thinner for you. Never hurts to ask "Pearlman Bill"...he is first class! Just one call to him, and you will be convinced he is the right one to help you in your ring search!

19EE18.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s Butterfly''s Leon Solitaire link

113_1317%20(2).JPG

113_1312%20(2).JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the link to kberly''s Mark Morrell solitare

frontering100.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might end up having it made for the stone, because baskets have to fit. The Ritani one is a bit special among basket settings because it is made to fit next to a wedding band - something that the vast majority of such settings don't do well, especially with such a thin band. The thin band require the prongs to tilt allot along the pavilion angles - basket settings off the rack do not come that way, IMO.

I sort of remember something similar at NiceIce but can't find it on their site - you might want to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results