shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani Classic

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Green Eyes

Rough_Rock
I found this ring (http://www.ritani.com/products/view/857/in_category/1) at a local BBB that is going out of business at a really great price. The platinum setting, which they normally retail for $4500, is clearanced for roughly $1000, maybe a little over. When I asked the saleswoman what cut of stone it would accomodate, she said that it could accomodate a round or princess and a even cushion. When I contacted Ritani, they said that the setting could only accomodate a maximum 6.5mm round stone, without becoming a custom setting. I''ve read on here that Ritani will modify/tweak the setting to accomodate the stone that it was purchased for. Ideally, this setting would/will accomodate a cushion cut stone about 1 ct in size. Has anyone had this type of experience with Ritani and how did it work out? I have checked out some of the vendor websites on PS, but none of them have this setting, so I''m at a loss. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially from vendors that may deal with Ritani and may be able to provide some guidance. Thank you for your time.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you checked the retail price of that ring? It sounds really high...you just want to make sure that they aren't greatly inflating the retail price of a ring just to claim it's on mega clearance. Do some research first. And if you call any of the PS vendors they can get that setting for you even if it isn't one of the Ritanis they have on their website. A dealer is a dealer.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree that the $4500 price doesn''t sound right at all for a plain plat. setting, even with the designer branding. Is the one being sold at 1K already in the store? if so, it was probably made for a certain stone size and shape and changing that could get costly. Ritani will make their rings to fit different stones but they will have to be made from scratch. things start to get tricky if you are trying to fit a princess shape into a ring that was made for a round. You''d be better off just buying the ring new that is made for your stone. Pearlmans and Goodoldgold both carry Ritani, I''d call both of them for a quote on that setting.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/18/2009 11:12:53 AM
Author: mrssalvo

...and Goodoldgold both carry Ritani

GOG has Ritani?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 11:32:33 AM
Author: ecf8503
Date: 8/18/2009 11:12:53 AM

Author: mrssalvo

...and Goodoldgold both carry Ritani

GOG has Ritani?

yep, they started carrying the line a while ago...

Green Eyes

Rough_Rock
Good thought. I have tried to get a baseline about what the ''regular'' price would be, but I have not been able to find it on any of the vendor websites. I''m sure that they can order it, but then I wonder if we will be getting into a ''custom'' ring which is going to go way beyond our price range. JA has some similar platinum settings which are around the same prices, maybe a little more, so the $1000 is probably a close price to what it should retail for as compared to the ''original'' $4500. The setting itself is only on ''clearance'' because the store is going out of business.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
green eyes, there shouldn't really be any extra custom charge if you are ordering a ritani setting for a certain shaped stone. they will make it accordingly and the price would be the same for the setting whether you were getting it for a round, princess etc. the custom stuff comes into play if you are wanting them to make minor changes to the already existing molds that they have. I think $4500 original price BB&B is telling you is false. Pearlmans list the price of the Ritani rings the have on their website and even the highly ornate diamond encrusted one's are not $4500.

ETA: this one for example is still under 4k and loaded up with diamonds but similar in style to the plain plat. one you like:

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/ritani-jewelry/rings/29QQ1/49/

Green Eyes

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the information. I had thought the $4500 was ridiculous for plain platinum. I''ve lurked enough on here to get an idea on what the baseline would be as far as different settings go. =) The $1000 or a little over seems comperable to what I have seen around for plain platinum both on JA, GOG and Pearlmans. My main concern was whether it could accomodate a cushion cut vs. a round or princess without damaging the stone and the integrity of the setting. We went back to BBB today to have a second look at the setting and the woman said that at BBB, they do not send the setting and diamond to Ritani to set, but rather one of the stores in the area will set the stone. I''m not comfortable with that and I think it voids Ritani''s warranty (i.e. for workmanship etc.) I emailed Pearlman''s to see if they can get the setting and to how much it would be. When I contacted Ritani originially, they said it would be ''custom'' to have it done with a cushion cut. I''m going to email GOG and see what they have as far as a price listing. Thank you! I really appreciate all the help. =)

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I got my Ritani through Pearlman's and they seemed to have the best prices (back in October '08) that I found for the Ritani settings. They are also both wonderful to work with - Julian is the best! He answered all my questions (no matter how many I had!) and always kept me informed of what was going on. I sent my sapphire to Pearlman's, they sent it on to Ritani in New York (I think that's where they are), they custom made the setting for my stone, and then back to Pearlman's and then to me. All total I think it took about 3-4 weeks and that was in October/November during the Christmas rush. Everything turned out perfect and Ritani kept Julian updated as to when when my ring would be done, so that we could have it delived to my parents house when we were home in Michigan for Thanksgiving.

Green Eyes

Rough_Rock
I was able to obtain prices from both Pearlmans and GOG as far as the setting. Pearlmans came back with $3100 and GOG came back with $2900. The jewelry store came back with $1300. Pearlmans said that it would be done as a ''custom'' piece, but that the price would not change since the adjustment to the setting/mounting is small. GOG said that typically Ritani would set the diamond and create the mounting. I found the same setting on Solomon Brothers for $4100, so the $1300 is a great deal, but a bit of a letdown since it won''t fit the cut of stone that I want.

Lauren Q

Rough_Rock
I''d be concerned with the words "modify and tweak" over price. It is always best to purchase a setting to fit the size and shape of your exact stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results