shape
carat
color
clarity

Riotous Relief, or the modern End of Prohibition (Covid19 edition)

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Where will you be the morning Covid19 ends?
When the newspapers print the announcement, will you run into the streets, embrace your beloved, sing and applaud, dance and jump, arms held aloft to the sky in riotous relief?
Millions of us will do exactly that.

u-g-P94BLO0.jpg

But then, when evening falls and the streets start to empty, suddenly the most glamorous cocktail parties will be held, spontaneously all over the world. What will you wear to that first dinner party? What will replace bathrobes and yoga pants of our collective isolation - Sequins? Gold Lamé? Leopard Print?
desert_012-1.jpg

It’s a trap. Don’t fall for it. Don’t be that guy.

The photos of that first party will be part of the historical record. They’ll last forever.

repeal-day-end-of-prohibition-los-angeles-1068x715.jpg

Instead, let’s raise our eyes to a higher mark. Let’s look to what people wore to 1933’s End of Prohibition parties. Let’s take a page from Marlene Dietrich. Let’s maybe even channel Chanel.

2662.jpg

We can hold fast to the standards of previous eras, when things were just as frightening and people were just as stressed about daily struggles - but a certain elegance, dignity perhaps, prevailed.

I have a silk dress picked out already - and although I have no idea where I will wear it, I hope to be caught in a photo gliding through the room with some tall drink of water in hand.

eileen-fisher-black-washable-velvet-round-neck-dress-product-2-14111031-755038147.jpeg

tall-drink-of-water.jpg

What will you wear?

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Great Post - getting us thinking about the optimistic future in the immediate aftermath of our current living circumstances. I think most people will come together with hugs, parties and celebrations - just as you say. I like being intentional about how the individual chooses to go about it - as you suggest. The nice thing is, we still have plenty of time to figure out how each of us will respond.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Diamond_Hawk I've seen posts about PS GTG's and have always wondered if, when Covid19 ends, there will be a huge PS party somewhere!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Though I doubt there will be an exact time and place where we collectively breathe a sigh of relief knowing we are victorious against Covid 19 I do look forward to the time we are safe again and can hug our friends and neighbors and family.

What will you wear?

I love this question and would love to see your silk dress. Now you have me pondering the many choices allowing me a brief moment of respite from the daily worries on my mind.

Options:
only wore once 2019...

missyandgreggala2019.png

A few dresses I bought but never wore...
blacktiealinedressfront.jpg.png

eveningdressback.jpg

eveningdresssideviewwithshrug.jpg

A vintage dress I wore once but in 2013. Still in pristine condition.

vintagedressworntogalaspring2013.jpg

Or perhaps something new?

blacktiedress.jpg

@PreRaphaelite thank you for the happy thoughts and yes one day we can get dressed up and celebrate. One day in the not too far (I hope) future.

I've seen posts about PS GTG's and have always wondered if, when Covid19 ends, there will be a huge PS party somewhere!

And I am with you. It is never too late to start thinking about a PS post Covid 19 party.:appl:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
How elegant you two are!
What beautiful gowns!

Ive only ever been to one gala before, at the Smithsonian after winning my graduate capstone competition. I felt like cinderella that night!

Wouldnt it be a scream to have those HELLO MY NAME IS stickers emblazoned upon our lapels at a PS meetup!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My grandmother used to tell us this story about V-J Day, August 14th, 1945.

Her and grandpa had just moved and were carrying furniture into the new house when it was announced that Japan had surrendered. She said that all the neighbors flooded out into the streets and were hugging and kissing each other.

I don't think people will be hugging and kissing neighbors for some time, even after the CV threat is reduced or gone.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy you have a model's figure - you could wear absolutely anything! ::)

I LOVE this one on you!!

1585515583301.png

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d like to wear this Brock Collection dress. The first and only time I’ve worn it was to a wedding in November 2018.

1585515710787.jpeg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Though I doubt there will be an exact time and place where we collectively breathe a sigh of relief knowing we are victorious against Covid 19 I do look forward to the time we are safe again and can hug our friends and neighbors and family.

I love this question and would love to see your silk dress. Now you have me pondering the many choices allowing me a brief moment of respite from the daily worries on my mind.

Options:
only wore once 2019...

missyandgreggala2019.png

A few dresses I bought but never wore...
blacktiealinedressfront.jpg.png

eveningdressback.jpg

eveningdresssideviewwithshrug.jpg

A vintage dress I wore once but in 2013. Still in pristine condition.

vintagedressworntogalaspring2013.jpg

Or perhaps something new?

blacktiedress.jpg

@PreRaphaelite thank you for the happy thoughts and yes one day we can get dressed up and celebrate. One day in the not too far (I hope) future.

And I am with you. It is never too late to start thinking about a PS post Covid 19 party.:appl:

Stunning Missy! Oh that 2013 vintage dress is a fabulous on you :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My grandmother used to tell us this story about V-J Day, August 14th, 1945.

Her and grandpa had just moved and were carrying furniture into the new house when it was announced that Japan had surrendered. She said that all the neighbors flooded out into the streets and were hugging and kissing each other.

I don't think people will be hugging and kissing neighbors for some time, even after the CV threat is reduced or gone.

It took me a bit of time to start hugging my kitties after RWgate. But once I did my fear disappeared. Looking forward to hugging all my friends and family again and as soon as possible.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Diamond_Hawk I've seen posts about PS GTG's and have always wondered if, when Covid19 ends, there will be a huge PS party somewhere!

Ooo. I’d go!

I’m typically not a black tie party kind of person. But I’d have fun dressing up to celebrate being able to go out to my favorite restaurants again!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d like to wear this Brock Collection dress. The first and only time I’ve worn it was to a wedding in November 2018.

1585515710787.jpeg

I love this dress. It is vaguely reminiscent of the gunny sack/Gunne Sax dress that was popular in the 70s? It had Victorian/Edwardian and Praire influences. A bit Bohemian and Renaissance and Medieval all rolled into one. Very feminine and floaty. I loved the style and felt pretty wearing them. I believe it was in the late 70s IIRC.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’ll be booking a flight to visit our son and future DIL, because we last saw them in December, and were due to see them in May and again in August/September.

Who knows when it’ll happen, but hopefully before the end of the year.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and these may or may not be the boots I wore under my gown when we were at the museum of natural history black tie gala affair. :shhh:

blacktieboots.jpeg.png

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh I LOVE to dress up, no kidding I was born in the wrong era my friends... :lol:

Don't have any pics of me actually wearing anything fancy but I adore pretty much anything by Elie Saab... #princess

3bc26d0a37ab42dcb0ec2df4ab02b49b.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh I LOVE to dress up, no kidding I was born in the wrong era my friends... :lol:

Don't have any pics of me actually wearing anything fancy but I adore pretty much anything by Elie Saab... #princess

3bc26d0a37ab42dcb0ec2df4ab02b49b.jpg

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this dress. The color and the style. Everything. I want it. :kiss2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm all about short, I have never felt comfy in a long gown. But they look gorgeous on others.. I'll wear this again.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm all about short, I have never felt comfy in a long gown. But they look gorgeous on others.. I'll wear this again.

❤️❤️❤️
Beautiful inside and out sweet great Kate. You and your entire family. (((Hugs)))

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results