shape
carat
color
clarity

Rings with hidden diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tinkerbell

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
I was hoping that those of you that have e-rings with hidden/suprise diamonds would post them for me to see. I am really looking into resetting my three stone e-ring into a setting with hidden diamonds.
36.gif
I would have a hidden diamond for each stone and on both sides. Thanks everyone. I just love looking at all the beautiful rings here on pricescope.
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif

Jennifer

x-raylucy

Rough_Rock
Hidden diamonds? Are you referring to, maybe, what is known as "Surprise Diamonds"?

tinkerbell

Rough_Rock
Yes. When you look at the ring from the side you see the "suprise" diamonds. Whiteflash has a few on there website and I just would like to see a few more and hear what people have to say about them. I think they are just beautiful.

Jennifer

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I'm having trouble getting my pics to post this morning. Have you looked at the Eye Candy post with pages and pages of rings?

Also, look at Jade Leaves three stone on the post with three-stone rings and eternity bands on this page. It's beautiful!

I have surprise stones on my wedding ring but I don't care for them. They stick out too much from the side profile of the ring. I'm thinking about having them removed.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
JLEternityCloseUp.jpg

Here is Jade Leave''s ring. Isn''t it beautiful?!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Okay, got this one to post:

Patty

Ideal_Rock
This shot shows the surprise stone on my wedding ring. It''s obviously not a three stone.
2.gif

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Would this count?

newringside.jpg

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
More of my rings with suprise diamonds.

tanzmorg2.jpg
bluedia2.jpg

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I saw this one on a web site. The diamond is hidden on the inside of the ring.
j1905.002

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
[/url]. I love it and I''m sure they can custom make you a "surprise" diamond ring for a 3-stone setting.

Good luck.

MyWFRadiant.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a man''s ring

niki%20ring.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another.

ringside1.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
paola%20side%20view.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
P101006.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
engage-ring.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
JH_eRing.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Copy%20of%20Handshot1.jpg

tinkerbell

Rough_Rock
Jade Leave''s ring is excatly what I am looking for!!!!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
Thanks everyone for posting pics. I like looking at all the rings and please continue to post pictures as all e-rings are beautiful. I love this board because everyone is so nice and helpful....and all the bling dosen''t hurt either
18.gif

Jennifer

secret decoder ring

Rough_Rock
These are all great pictures. I''m currently trying to figure out the setting on my upgrade diamond and was hoping I could somehow incorporate my original little heart shape diamond into the new ring. Would seem that having it added as a surprise diamond would be perfect. (at first I was thinking of having to buy a matching heart so that I could have two hearts as side stones, but I don''t want to detract from the simple geometry of my new asscher - so would prefer no sidestones).

For the people who posted the pic''s, could you advise about what size the surprise diamonds were? I''m curious as to what the max. size should be for the surprise diamond in relation to the center stone. Although can see that it all depends on the proportions of the ring. My original heart shape was only 0.48 carats, is that too big a suprise diamond in relation to my new center stone which is only 2.11 Carats?

Agnes
1.gif

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
EDITTED TO ADD: PLEASE DO NOT USE MY PHOTOS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

Here's mine: (center stone 1.77ct asscher, surprise stones .06 ct. each)

whiteflash1.jpg

secret decoder ring

Rough_Rock
Mary, what an absolutely beautiful Asscher ring!

Although, on the surprise diamond, are you sure it is 0.06 carats? or did you mean 0.60 carats. Looks far too big to be .06? Assuming the surprise diamond is 0.60 then looks like I''ll be good to go to use my .48 carat heart shape as a surprise diamond.

Agnes

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/3/2005 10:31:52 PM
Author: secret decoder ring

I''m curious as to what the max. size should be for the surprise diamond in relation to the center stone. Although can see that it all depends on the proportions of the ring. My original heart shape was only 0.48 carats, is that too big a suprise diamond in relation to my new center stone which is only 2.11 Carats?
Obviously this will be a custom ring... and there is enough room on the sides, at least in theory - the height of the setting is the limit here really, and that is a bit more than the depth of your center stone.

Hart shapes vary in size allot with depth (anything from 30% to 70% is out there), but assuming your stone is about 5mm and the round about 5mm deep itself it would take a bit of creative engineering to place the hart on the side.

How about side stones ? That means acquiring a second hart shape, but the combination is quite a hit, IMO.
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of relative size... the ring in the picture below is Kayla's 2 carat in it's original Artofplatinum setting (link).

Down these links are a couple of rings with heart accents: one with a larger gold insert, and another . I guess a hart shape could be coaxed onto a more substantial setting in lieu of the inserts. However, half a carat is hardly an "accent" on the ring.

48211HR.JPG

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I''m positive each surprise diamond is .06 ct. Maybe it''s just me, but .48ct. sounds HUGE for a surprise diamond!

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/4/2005 8:37:22 PM
Author: MaryAlaina
Yes, I''m positive each surprise diamond is .06 ct. Maybe it''s just me, but .48ct. sounds HUGE for a surprise diamond!

I agree. A .48 carat is extremely large for a suprise diamond.

secret decoder ring

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your replies, yes I think every one is correct in that a 0.48 heart is too big to be a surprise diamond. I had to chuckle when I started adding up what the probable height would be if I tried, it would look ridiculous....5mm height of heart + 4.8mm depth of new Asscher + say 3mm of space for ring setting/shank etc. It would be around 13mm+ high, it would look like a wierd shiny tower on my finger
20.gif
. Oh well, just thought it would be nice to incorporate my original engagement diamond with my upgrade. Don''t really want side stones in my new setting, but I may change my mind.

All the best to you.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results