shape
carat
color
clarity

Rings similar to Victor Canera Diana

catl8y

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know where I can find a similar ring? He only sells this if I buy a diamond or moissanite of 3+ carats. I don't understand why, but it is a fairly simple style and was wondering if anyone knew of a similar setting! images.jpeg-1.jpg 10902-vintage-solitaire-with-sculpted-pave-profile-3-5cb7aa898e9f8d813af24c4f.png 10902-vintage-solitaire-with-sculpted-pave-profile-4-5cb7aa8a226895da583a72c9.png download.jpeg.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you ask him why, or ask him to recommend an alternative /similar setting for a smaller stone?

catl8y

Rough_Rock
No, I told them I had and 8 mm sapphire and was just told its not available for stones not purchased from him so I didn't inquire further. He wanted to see my GIA certificate, too. I felt it was an odd request, and since I'm not particularly stuck on a certain brand, I just wondered if anyone had any recommendations of something similar.

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
i think he is really pushing people to buy stones from him now, not just making the jewelries. i had similar experience too recently.

catl8y

Rough_Rock
i think he is really pushing people to buy stones from him now, not just making the jewelries. i had similar experience too recently.

Bummer! Yeah the quote for the solitaire and a 3 carat moissanite (even though I wanted an 8mm stone) was almost 7k dollars. I was willing to pay more for hand forged but I was still a little shocked. It really seemed like they did not want my business at all! I was sad because of all the glowing reviews on here!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
[QUOTE="catl8y, post: 4767219, member: 117262") It really seemed like they did not want my business at all! I was sad because of all the glowing reviews on here!
[/QUOTE]

This was my experience with VC when I contacted him a long while ago. It was an assistant responding which was fine. But the attitude and arrogance were not appealing. My dollars went elsewhere!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Try Chris at Brilliantly Engaged.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
[QUOTE="catl8y, post: 4767219, member: 117262") It really seemed like they did not want my business at all! I was sad because of all the glowing reviews on here!

This was my experience with VC when I contacted him a long while ago. It was an assistant responding which was fine. But the attitude and arrogance were not appealing. My dollars went elsewhere!
[/QUOTE]

Same. I don’t know who runs his front desk and social media but they sure do have an attitude problem.

I also took my dollars elsewhere. No thank you!

Goose682

Rough_Rock

Same. I don’t know who runs his front desk and social media but they sure do have an attitude problem.

I also took my dollars elsewhere. No thank you!
[/QUOTE]

Similar situation happened to me too with the caveat that they would accept a diamond that I brought to them if I agreed to a $1000 setting fee and (the real kicker) a 6 month turn around!! They said if I bought a stone from VC it was only a 4-6 week turn around and they requested a $1000 nonrefundable deposit to even look for me a stone.. needless to say, I did not purchase from VC.

Consider using Steven Kirsch or Leon Mege to design and create your ring. Both of them could recreate this and they also have very similar designs as VC. I have heard LM can be difficult to work with though? SK couldn’t be any more easy going!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My opinion is that he likes to pick and choose who he sells his diamonds and/or rings to and there is very little consistency in his policies. I have seen many PS threads where he has made settings for the customer's own diamonds/gemstones.

I tried buying one of his OEC's and a ring but he wouldn't sell the diamond to me because he said he would only sell this particular diamond as a matched pair with another diamond listed separately on his website. No where on his site does he mention this. Over three years later and the same diamond is still listed for sale on his website as is it's "mate'.

I haven't seen any of her work in person but it would be worth checking with Erika Winters. Her work is stunning.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results