shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring with 3 elements

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I would like to make a mother's ring with the birthstones of my 3 kids, but do not want 3 stones straight across.

Instead, I am looking for rings with 3 elements, and have all 3 stones represented equally. I want to avoid rings in which one birthstone would be in the middle, or be in a place of greater importance than the others.

Here's a good example of a ring with 3 elements, although I do not like the design itself exactly. Any other ideas?

beauty-3-flower-ring-quality-crystals-jewelry.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are the birthstones, shape and size?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
The stones have not been bought so I am open to any size/shape.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Gypsy set ring with the main stones randomly scattered amongst a few diamonds.

DK :))

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have exactly the idea, but I can't remember what the rings are called, I'm googling now

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Dk168, that's a cute idea. Niel, can't wait to see your idea.

A Cartier Trinity ring with paved bands would be another example.

_36250.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

What a fun and meaningful project, preg. :) When I have free time today I'll definitely give it some thought.

S

SparkliesLuver

I found two, preg, but I'm not sure of your style, so...

garnet100028.jpg

thumb-30918.jpg

thea_harper

Rough_Rock
here's what I've found....this is a super sweet idea btw!

this one breaks your ~in the middle rule~ but I figured what the heck...
51y7-iwhiel.jpg

10876_3_stone_3_4_ctw_diamond_ring_top.jpg

certified-london-blue-topaz-pear-3-stone-ring-in-sterling-silver-size-5-tgw-1-65-cts.jpg

niter

Rough_Rock
thea_harper|1454073259|3983493 said:
here's what I've found....this is a super sweet idea btw!

10876_3_stone_3_4_ctw_diamond_ring_top.jpg

I like this one!

thea_harper

Rough_Rock
I wouldn't consider either of these to have a middle stone....still, this is harder than it sounds!

1432009892364.jpg

gh-diamond-diamond-engagement-rings-3-stone-rings-raw-gemstone-april-birthstone-anniversary-ring.jpg

niter

Rough_Rock
I still have not found a combination that I like for my children's birthstones. I'm inclined to make separate pieces of jewerly to pass on to them each one day. The route I took was similar to the trinity ring. For our anniversary this year my spouse and I gifted the children with id bracelets, either in rose, yellow, or white gold. David Klass did a beautiful job. Over the holidays, he created a necklace for me drawing inspiration from a broken favorite I used to wear representing my kids. He cast it in the three different golds and I find myself wearing nearly every day. I love it and my kids love asking me which color represents each of them.

thea_harper

Rough_Rock
niter|1454074858|3983505 said:
I still have not found a combination that I like for my children's birthstones. I'm inclined to make separate pieces of jewerly to pass on to them each one day. The route I took was similar to the trinity ring. For our anniversary this year my spouse and I gifted the children with id bracelets, either in rose, yellow, or white gold. David Klass did a beautiful job. Over the holidays, he created a necklace for me drawing inspiration from a broken favorite I used to wear representing my kids. He cast it in the three different golds and I find myself wearing nearly every day. I love it and my kids love asking me which color represents each of them.

Oh my gosh, this is so sweet. :appl:

Any pictures of the necklace, that sound really cool!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Sparklieslover, thea_harper, and niter for your ideas!

Sparklieslover, I like the 2nd design. I'll have to think about making 3 pave circles, in a sea of other circles.

Niter, I have been toying with a trinity pave ring, but paved with the 3 birthstones. De Grisogono has rings like this, but with more than 3 rings. I've tried one on before, and I loved the look, but it was not my size (and it was $$$). I would love to see your necklace also!

degrisogono.jpg

thea_harper

Rough_Rock
pregcurious|1454078641|3983527 said:
Thanks, Sparklieslover, thea_harper, and niter for your ideas!

Sparklieslover, I like the 2nd design. I'll have to think about making 3 pave circles, in a sea of other circles.

Niter, I have been toying with a trinity pave ring, but paved with the 3 birthstones. De Grisogono has rings like this, but with more than 3 rings. I've tried one on before, and I loved the look, but it was not my size (and it was $$$). I would love to see your necklace also!

drools on self**

that's YUMMMMMY! :naughty:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
The de Grisogono ring was really a *nice* cocktail ring, and had was very chic.

Here's an earring from the same line. I could do something like this, but for pendant?

I love de Grisogono. They have an original style, and the pieces are dripping in luxury.

degrisogono_earrings.jpg

thea_harper

Rough_Rock
That'd be a really awesome pendant!

niter

Rough_Rock
I am happy to provide photos--also, I remiss not posting these earlier to share on PS since David Klass did such a fine job of translating written ideas/requests and internet photos into such beautiful creations. He created these from the ground up and did such an impressive job. ETA: the bracelets may look a bit wonky about the disc because I blurred our children's names out.

The bracelets:

bracelets2.jpg

My necklace:

marq2.jpg

niter

Rough_Rock
pregcurious|1454078641|3983527 said:

I like this idea very much, however, with reservation. What are the birthstones if I may ask? Some gems may not have the right harness to sustain wear on the hand let alone overlapping rings pave style. I wonder if bezel setting a few larger stones in the Tiffany Etoile style might be a bit safer for each gemstone as they are somewhat recessed. Alternatively, you could do pave set diamonds and then tuck a birthstones inside each ring against your skin.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Preg, that designer de Grisogono is gorgeous!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for posting a pic, Niter. I love your family jewelry! You should start thread on it...maybe under who is your favorite gold jeweler in Jewelry Pieces? If I went with rings, I would choose only stones with Mohs hardness 7 and up, or only wear the ring stone on occasion if I went with a softer stone. Most months have multiple options for stones, and I don't want to get into specific colors and stones in this thread because it would become unfocused.

Minous, their stuff is amazing. If that ring I had tried on had been in my size, it probably would have been mine. It was being sold in the estate section of Neiman's at a steep discount, compared to a new ring. The color way of the one I tried on was different, but equally gorgeous. I think they're the best jeweler for modern colored gemstone designs.

thea_harper

Rough_Rock
Niter,
that necklace is jus lovely, wow.

I'm still looking in my down time as I find this idea has potential to be super unique and cool ,here's a super simple take on the trinity ring thing...
untitled_53.png

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love Grisogono design, especially the pendant. Niter your bracelet and necklace set is beautiful, I love the tri colour combination.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
A few goodies from my Pinterest...

_1700.jpeg

_1701.jpeg

_1702.jpeg

_1703.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still can't find the one I was thinking of, its a two stone with one emerald cut and one other cut, one diamond one emerald, has a gap between the two, unlike other moi et toi ring.

But I like this one

picsart_01-31-12.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thea, that s a very cute and simple ring.

Rosebloom, I like the idea of stackers to mix and match. I also like the simple 3-stone bezel, even though 1 kid would be in the middle. It's very elegant.

Neil, thanks for the beautiful pear ring. I love micropave like that. Are those all diamonds?

Hmm, so many good ideas!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
19 kids and counting...

lang_sputnik.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about individual stackers that you can change up each day so they are not always in the same place. Then you can also pass each child's ring on to them when the time comes.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Great idea. I am learning towards this, or a simple 3 stone vertical ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results