shape
carat
color
clarity

ring types

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

penguin*128

Rough_Rock
Hello,

Aha, Many online jewelers have a comprehensive educational site but like all sites, you have left out one area. Ring types. I believe certain ring types can enhance the look of the diamond or otherwise. I just bought a diamond ring set in the solitaire white gold with 4 prongs. I thing the white gold does affect the colour of the diamond a little when compared to Platinum, which is whiter. I also think that the 4 prongs on my ring kinda block some of the sunlight from entering my diamond and hence, losing a little bit of brilliance and fire. I have seen some ring types that just holds the diamond in a certain way, without the 4 prongs. Maybe I am wrong on certain areas, but this can be an interesting topic too...

Just sharing
Thanks
Chia :rolleyes: :lickout:

freeze

Rough_Rock
Great subject!

I just bought a ring with side stones to accompany a great diamond that I bought. I took the ring to a local jewler for an apraisal and was told that I got a good deal on the diamond but I got ripped off on the price of the ring itself. I did comparison shop on the internet and found comperable rings for much higher prices. As a consumer I really had no way to get a good estimate other than comparison shop.

My question now is how does one know what a good price for a ring is when there seems to be no real price standards for rings like there are for diamonds?

I do have an issue with the appraiser since he was bitter that I purchased the set over the internet rather than from him :(sad . He stated when handing me the quote that he sets the quote low to keep the insurance premium down, now I don't know if I could replace the set for the price he listed!

SkyMonkey

Rough_Rock
Good topic Penguin*128! I'm looking at white gold settings for an engagement ring at the moment and, whilst on-line vendors have photos and brief descriptions of bands and settings, I agree a source of more detailed information on the effects (pros and cons) different styles / prong arrangements etc have on showing a stone(s) would be very welcome.

Has anyone come across such a source?

Claude

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results