shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring tone clash conundrum

orchida

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I recently got a beautiful anniversary gift of a vintage daisy ring and I’m thinking I’d like to wear it on my left hand instead of my e-ring. But the thing is, my wedding band is white gold and the new ring is 18ct band with the stones set in platinum. Does this work?
And what should I do with my e-ring? I’m ashamed to say I don’t like it anymore...It’s also white gold but I don’t like the stone, it’s an OEC.
05149EFA-75A4-4468-938A-7D416E17A78E.jpeg

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Hello,
I recently got a beautiful anniversary gift of a vintage daisy ring and I’m thinking I’d like to wear it on my left hand instead of my e-ring. But the thing is, my wedding band is white gold and the new ring is 18ct band with the stones set in platinum. Does this work?
And what should I do with my e-ring? I’m ashamed to say I don’t like it anymore...It’s also white gold but I don’t like the stone, it’s an OEC.

I like mixing metals—but it’s totally your preference.

Would you consider selling your ER? If not, maybe you’d enjoy the stone more as a pendant with a halo or design around it. Lots of options!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Hello,

I think you should probably just give it to me. Sharing is caring LOL

orchida

Rough_Rock
I think maybe a pendant is probably a good idea, I don’t think my husband would be too happy if I sold it on. Whether I’ll ever wear a pendant is another thing!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pendant! Or turn it into a right hand ring?

love your new ring!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whether different things compliment or clash is all in your head.

If you can't decide, flip a coin.

luxe

Shiny_Rock
I love the look of mixed metals and your anniversary ring is stunning btw!

If you don’t think you’ll wear a necklace much, what about a bracelet? I repurposed an oval diamond I wasn’t wearing as a solitaire cuff bracelet and am thrilled with the result.

If you think you might regret selling your original diamond maybe just hold onto it and think on it for a bit?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think maybe a pendant is probably a good idea, I don’t think my husband would be too happy if I sold it on. Whether I’ll ever wear a pendant is another thing!

its a beautuful ring
i too think a pendant is a good idea
you don't want to hurt his feelings

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your stack with the daisy ring and don't think it clashes at all. I love the mixed metal look.
Your OEC looks lovely and I'd love to see more pictures of it. I think it would make a great pendant or a bangle if you really don't want to keep wearing it. You could also look at resetting it into a different setting and that might respark some affection for it? It's a sizeable stone from the look of it so it would be a shame to waste it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the mixed metal look! I have a cluster ring with a yellow gold band and I wear my platinum diamond band with it and I think it looks good. I think your new ring looks great with your band. I'm sorry you don't like your ering, I think it is lovely! Maybe reset it?

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I like the mix of metals. It’s very authentic to me. It doesn’t alway have to be matchy-matchy. In thinking about this, some of my fav rings here have been when people mixed metals. And your styles paired together are so conducive to the mixing. Personally, I think it looks like you intended for this look and it’s executed perfectly. And I also think there’s something special to keeping to the evolution of things. Like this is the authentic way these acquisitions evolved, and I think there’s something wonderfully organic by that journey. As for your other ring, I really like it, but if you don’t, work on making something else your reality. I really love your style.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results